Hindustan Petroleum Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Hindustan Petroleum Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

2.5

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GAT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Byculla (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Byculla (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

computer based written test which had 50 technical and 50 aptitude questions were to be answered in 2 hours. after 5-6 days people were shortlisted and interviewed followed by medical test

Officer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I had appeared for a written Test on All India basis followed by an interview and a Group Discussion
    and then selected as a Construction Engineer and placed in the Engg & Projects Department at the Marketing Headquarters in Mumbai.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me about the Foundation Engg based questions and I had replied correctly.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Nice experience, nice office. However didnt find the staff to be smart of employee friendly. They did test round first and then followed by one to one personal round.

Compensation is average as per industry standards but provide good work life balance as people hardly work there :P

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

A computer base test (CBT) was conducted on all India bases and shortlisted candidates were called for interview. Usually they shortlist candidates in 1:5 ratio that is for 1 vacancy they will call 5 students.

Fixed Term Project Assistant HPCL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a mixed surprise bag..wasnt so tym consumin n all..but d certificate verification was a mess..all ur hard earned degree certificates would b strewn across d table of the verifyin moron officer..n he wud get a declaration for silly thins.. No matter how hard u xplain..neither does he understand english..I wonder how he got through his recruitment..

Interview Questions

• Highly technical from my specialization..one panel.member wntd to prove his intellect by askin irrelevant n diametrically divulgin questions which he mite hav studied durin his bachelor' s..of course the other panel ppl were against him playin traunt..
      .   1 Answer
    • Y wud u wnt to leave such a highest position dat u presently r in and join this contractual job... Derive the equation for compression ratio of various gases n lpg..   1 Answer

Fixed Term Project Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

It was a 2 month process, after getting selected got call to attend a personal interview at Bombay, i was the first one to attend the interview, the panel were really friendly. I performed really well , i knew i'll get selected for sure

Interview Questions

• Regular HR questions , project related questions and about past employment etc..   Answer Question

Officier Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

i shortlisted by gate score, first there is simple interview having nine panelist, they will make you cool so dont get panic, question will be simple and most of them hr. after that there is medical.

Officer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

HPCL did not conduct it's written test but shortlisted people through GATE .They then shortlisted people in interview(interview was an elimination round) and after that they prepared the final merit list giving 85% weightage to the GATE marks and 15% to the interview.In the interview panel there were 7 members and the interview lasted for about half an hour. The interview was totally HR.questions wre like "why do you want to work for HPCL?why should we recruit you?what is your goal in life?tell us some real life examples where u showed leadership skills,what was your role in previous job? why did you leave it?,tell us about the vent you organised in the college,what was your role in it? tell us about the summer training u had done?" n also the tricky question "how have you handled the conflict?".

Interview Questions

• how have you handled the conflict? tell us about in detail ad how you managed to resolve it?   Answer Question

Inplant Project Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

First step is to get permission from HR Manager.This is most difficult as he is reluctant to entertain anyone After his approval,u r sent to the General Manager of the specified department.General Manager asks basic questions wich tests your understanding of concepts.Few questions can b a bit tough but most are simple.My interview lasted for around half an hour.After GM's approval, an internal supervisor is assigned and we work under his supervision.

Interview Questions

• They ask only basic questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They admitted us in maintenance as we wer from mechanical field

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview on basic concepts and general HR questions