Hindustan Zinc Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hindustan Zinc Limited Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Zinc Limited.

Interview

The interview was a 4 stage process. First was an aptitude test. This was a basic aptitude test which was very easy. Can pass it if you've studied any basic aptitude books.

Second was a group discussion round. This was where they give a topic and then ask to discuss about that. This was also basic.

Third was a technical interview. This is basically theory. This depends on the person interviewing.

Fourth was a HR interview. This was more or less a formality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Zinc Limited (Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds
    1. Apptitude
    2.Group disscussion
    3 Personal interview

Aptitude was quite easy its just about the time management you have to solve 45 ques in 35 minutes.
    It includes quantitave, logical, data interpretation

Group discussion topics were general like voting rights, social media etc.

Interview was mainly HR
    They are asking technical questions but they are not going to deep into it.

Interview Questions

• Will you be okay in doing a monotonous job?   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hindustan Zinc Limited (Guwahati (India)).

Interview

The interview was during campus placement season of our college. 2 members one from HR and another from process took the interview. Most of the questions were from the process person and related to my college projects and internship.HR person asked some generic questions.

Interview Questions

• cant remember those technical questions but those were related to my summer internship in one of the IOCL refinery.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since it was during campus placement time so there was no such negotiation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Zinc Limited (Dhanbad (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

A written exam followed by a GD, then a PI including both HR and Technical interview.An average process with not much difficulty, if you are technically strong you will nail it.

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Zinc Limited (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Stage one - Shortlisting on the basis of 10th n 12th(minimum 80%)
    Stage Two - written test-Aptitude
    Stage Three -GD(Group of 5-8 Students)
    Stage Four-Interview(HR and Technical)

Aptitude test has 30 Question in 30 mins. Require high Speed.No Technical questions were asked in written test.
    Aptitude was very easy . if you clear it with good marks chance are high.

Interview Questions

• General Question on technical knowledge .Main Focus on Basics and Communication skills .   1 Answer

Good

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Zinc Limited (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

It was campus place drive, which consisted of an aptitude test (elimination) followed by Technical cum HR interview. Interviewers tried to figure out adaptability of the candidate along with the long term plans of the candidate. Technical interview was more over of type for testing the knowledge of basic concepts of power and electrical engineering with their practical applicability on the field.

Interview Questions

• How do we classify Circuit breakers?   1 Answer
    • Up to what rating can we put a motor on LT supply   1 Answer
    • How will you identify a DC and AC motor when there is no name plate   1 Answer
    • Why did your performance had a fall in fourth semester   1 Answer
    • What hobbies you have? As you have written that you like listening music, what kind of music do you listen to?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hindustan Zinc Limited.

Interview

I was an inter, so interview was there. It was campus allotment.

Application

Interview

Mostly Campus Interview are conducted from reputed colleges of India as Graduate Engineering Trainee (GET). It start with IQ / Skill test, followed by Group discussion, followed by 1:1 interview for short listed candidates at every stage.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at location away from your family?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was Campus interview with predefined salary.

Executive Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Zinc Limited (Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Hiring is through campus recruitment,starts with Technical round aptitude test and last one is personal interview
    Personal interview is taken by a HR personnel,a technical personnel regarding your skill,ability ,knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the organisation?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hindustan Zinc Limited in April 2013.

Interview

Aptitude test followed by group discussion on general topics like democracy etc and then face to face interview.Interview comprised of technical questions ( very basic one) and HR and personality questions.They checked mostly the confidence level of the candidate and the flexibility of thinking. Also situation based question were asked

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult as such   1 Answer