Hines Interests Limited Partnership Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hines Interests Limited Partnership Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Consisted of four interviews. The interview process took about a month, and I never received any notice that I would not be offered the job. I was overall very disappointed with their interview process. It took very long and no one communicated well. The first interview was a phone screen with HR at their corporate office.The second interview was at their office location and was with two of their property managers. They asked me basic questions about why I want to work there and asked me about my strengths and weaknesses. The third and fourth interviews consisted of meeting with another property manager and my potential co-workers. This interview felt very informal and there was not much to discuss. I felt like they repeated all questions that I had been previously asked in my other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hines, and other basic questions. They asked me to walk them through my resume.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was long, the questions were not difficult but a lot of people to meet. Ultimately came down to regional manager to make decision. Longer time frame than anticipated

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Came in and met with all bosses separately, got called back for second interview and asked to start within the next three weeks. The paperwork was a long process

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in October 2016.

Interview

Talked with a representative and submitted brief online application at the campus recruiting fair. I received a call a few weeks later to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant and pretty relaxed. Most of the questions were standard fit questions(for instance, team work, communication skills, personal strengths and weaknesses, etc), in addition to some focused on why real estate investment was an area of interest.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Received an email the next day from the Recruiter asking for my availability for a phone interview. Interviewed 2 days later. Was told that she would be sending my resume and application to the hiring manager and they would be in touch. Got an email from the recruiter the next day discussing a different salary than was provided in my initial phone interview and wanted to check to see if I wanted to continue with the process due to the difference of the two salaries. I said yes, that I wanted to continue and haven't heard anything back. It has been 2 weeks now and I have not received a return phone call or email from the recruiter and have no information to contact the hiring manager.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Huge waste of time - Alot of incorrect information given. I applied online and then was called for a phone interview by the recruiter. After that, he set up an in person interview with himself and with the accounting manager for the following week. I met with him, and the manager didn't show up. The recruiter spent practically the entire time just trying to see if she was going to show up.

I asked up front about the salary and was given a range of 45-55K. I was told that you could work from home 2-3 days per week, and could work out of any of their offices in Seattle. I was given incorrect vacation information, and benefit information in general.

After that interview, I was told I just needed to meet with one other person, and it was him who made the call on hiring. I got called for the next interview and was surprised to meet with the original girl who did not show up to the first interview, not the man who I was told I would be meeting with.

Then, I got called back for another interview with the supervisor. I was told I should set aside 30 minutes and was there for over an hour.

The following day they called and said they would make me an offer and hoped to get it to me that afternoon. I never heard back. Then the following week, I received a phone call that again, they wanted to follow through with the offer and that they wanted to meet me that day. I met with them that afternoon, and did not receive an offer. I was brought into a room and left with yet another person who did ANOTHER full on interview. I was not told I was going to be interviewed again and was not prepared.

The next day, I received the offer. The offer was 43K. 2K less than the original range. I brought this up and was told that "it can fluctuate a little bit". Yes, I am sure it does fluctuate, but within the range given I expected. I rejected it, and they came back with 44,500. 500 less than the original lowest end of the range.

I also found out you can not work from home. You do need to go to a specific office. You have a set schedule (on salary). Vacation benefits were different than originally told to me. Health benefits were more. I was also asked several times if I was okay working overtime. I was under the impression that there were going to be alot of hours.

Very disappointing process! I ended up turning the offer down and they did not come back with anything higher. A huge waste of EVERYONE's time!

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to work overtime?   1 Answer

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Looooong. The hiring process for Hines took forever and required me to follow up multiple times in order to get any information about whether I was going to get a next interview at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks.
    - Submitted resume
    - A few days later they scheduled an over the phone interview.
    - Had phone interview, next day they scheduled in person interview.
    - A week later I had a in person interview.
    - A few days later they requested references.
    - Over a month never contacted references or responded to follow up email.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. All questions were straight forward.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Someone scheduled a phone interview with me ask about my previous experience. The interviewer interrupted my answers a few times. At the end of the interview the interviewer told me that they mistakenly applied my information and thought that I was applying for another position which I am not interested in. They said I am not qualified for the Staff Accountant position that I originally applied for and ended the call quickly.

Building Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Hiring conference. Sit down interview with region VP and 3 managers. More of a casual conversation than formal interview. Asks basic "get to know you" questions. Returned later for a facility tour and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Q: What kind of mechanical systems do you have experience with?   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you want from a job?   1 Answer