Hines Interests Limited Partnership Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hines Interests Limited Partnership Interview Questions

Interviews at Hines Interests Limited Partnership

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Informal process. I had conversions with the recruiter, the hiring manager and the regional manager in which we discussed goals. It ended up being a good fit for both of us and I was offered the job the day that I had the in-person interviews

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Waste your time at your own peril or out of desperate

I should have read the previous reviewers comments. Like a typical salesperson. After the initial conversation with talent acquisition and the immediate response that the manager was interested, YOU will have to follow up with EVERYTHING. The date and time, location, and interviewers (piecemeal). Its like once they got you, they totally disregard your existence. The emails are unprofessional with emoji and are not transparent after they ascertain your salary and will just write one line response to go and discuss salary band later.

It was obvious that the hiring managers (2) never saw my resume before till that moment. I was asked to present my resume(Its the 21st century and not a way to go green). Then I saw one hiring manager actively read my resume and picked it up at least 3 times to continue reading it. THE TALENT ACQUISITION JUST SENT ME IN WITHOUT THE HIRING MANAGER SEEING RESUME. Then one of them began lecturing me about my high flight risk and hinting they will not hire me and to go west like California. WHY WAS I OFFER AN IN-PERSON INTERVIEW. They also hint that talent acquisition will not response to people who came in-person interview as a courtesy that they did not make it past the next step, “Yea it takes a long time for the hire process and as long as 1 year to make an offer”. I came in to see an interview for a position that was not technically approved. I wasted my personal time I taken out from my work to deal with this.

It seems like if the talent acquisition had show my resume to the hiring managers, perhaps this will be avoided because the main hiring will have label me high flight risk and rejected my resume without wasting either of our time. (We are in different generations).

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions and tell me about yourself (while they read my resume)   Answer Question

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in October 2019.

Interview

They were pretty fast with the initial contact, since it was the same week as the initial application. Then between each step took about 10 days to notify if I made the next interview. The initial HR person was a little unprofessional, but not in a bad way. They did take way too long to notify that I did not receive the position, in a way that I thought was very unprofessional after a third interview.

Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in October 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter, recruiting for Hines at Amazon. I went through the official phone screen and was moved forward to a phone interview directly with a Hines representative. I was told I would receive an email to have this interview scheduled.

About a week later, I hadn’t received any emails, so I checked in with the recruiter. With no reply to my inquiry. About two days after that email was sent, I received a phone call while I was at my current job. It was the interviewer from Hines, and luckily, I thought, she left a voicemail. She was seemingly confused on it, however, because we had an interview scheduled at that time. Which caught me by surprise because I was never added to the invite, therefore I had no part in scheduling the interview, nor was I informed of when it would be taking place.

So I called her back when I was finished with me meeting. I received her voicemail, where I explained that I was unaware that the interview had been scheduled as I was not sent the invite, or details that the interview scheduled. I never heard back from her, or the original recruiter from Hays.

A couple of months later, the same recruiting company (Hays) contacts me for the same positions at Hines. Like the first time, she attempts to push me through again. Again a week goes by and I hear nothing. So I followed up with them, and am informed that Hines will not move forward with me as I was a no show to the precious interview!

Interestingly enough, I work for a direct competitor of Hines (CBRE) currently, and now I have a pretty full understanding of why people leave us for them, and then come back to us. I’ve personally seen three returns to my company from Hines.

They shouldn’t punish people like me for their vendors oversight, especially when people like me are good at redefining processes exactly like this.

Save some time and look elsewhere. They have not matured as a company yet.

Investment Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through career website and got an invitation for an initial 30-minute first-round phone interview with a recruiter before a second-round interview with senior people at the firm about technicals and interest in Hines..

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (New York, NY).

Interview

The process stretched out over many months; with many people both individually and in groups. As an employee referral, I think the assumption was that I met the qualifications, so the interview discussions focused on the firm culture and whether or not I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• It was 19 years ago! Who remembers - I do remember each individual I met with spoke very highly of their time at the firm, which impressed me.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Washington, DC).

Interview

I went in for an interview and it was apparent that the director was more interested in a “muse” than someone qualified for the position. They kept me on hold for over six months before declining to hire me. Timeline was absurd.

Property Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Houston, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with HR asked about past experience in real estate. What is my current status. How did I hear about the job posting. I was not offer the position

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Submitted an application and got an email about setting up a 30min phone call as an introductory screening interview. Very pleasant and professional, questions were very standard and mostly behavioral or asked to go into detail about past work experience and other resume items.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you've done the last 5 years that you are very proud of.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Houston, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

Wonderful, very comfortable. All of the people that interviewed me from the dept. I was applying within made me feel very comfortable and din't interrogate me like other group interviews I'd experienced.

Interview Questions

• If I'd like to pursue further education?   1 Answer