Hines Interests Limited Partnership Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Hines typically conducts multiple interviews for an individual candidate. I had six individual interviews and one group interview. The regional CEO always conducted the final interview and interviewed every employee who made it through all the previous rounds. He was the final sign-off and extremely committed to ensuring the candidate was a good match. Not everyone made it through the final interview. It was also a way for the CEO to assess his own teams' judgement in terms of who they recommended for the final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I assumed that a real estate developer expects their employees to have good negotiating skills, so I assumed they would expect me to negotiate and want to see how well I presented my case. It turned out to be completely the opposite. Their expectation was that the offer would be accepted without negotiating. In the end, they accepted my counter but expressed that it wasn't something they typically did.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

I applied to this position through a recruiter. I had a phone interview and two in person interviews, one with the hiring manager and one with the hiring manager plus the operations manager. The interviewers were easy to talk with, and the questions were pretty straight forward. All thru out the process I was given the impression that they were interested in me for the position. I received a verbal offer from them and about a wee later and accepted the next day. They delayed getting the paperwork to me and then a couple days later rescinded the offer with a lame excuse.

Interview Questions

• If you got the position, what would you do your first day?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Someone scheduled a phone interview with me ask about my previous experience. The interviewer interrupted my answers a few times. At the end of the interview the interviewer told me that they mistakenly applied my information and thought that I was applying for another position which I am not interested in. They said I am not qualified for the Staff Accountant position that I originally applied for and ended the call quickly.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed through campus recruiting. It was a pretty basic interview going through resume and interests in both real estate and the firm. One of the interviewers took a phone call during the middle and returned later. They did not seem like they wanted to be there. They ultimately withdrew the available position due to hiring needs and did not offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• There were not really any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in October 2016.

Interview

Talked with a representative and submitted brief online application at the campus recruiting fair. I received a call a few weeks later to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant and pretty relaxed. Most of the questions were standard fit questions(for instance, team work, communication skills, personal strengths and weaknesses, etc), in addition to some focused on why real estate investment was an area of interest.

Building Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Hiring conference. Sit down interview with region VP and 3 managers. More of a casual conversation than formal interview. Asks basic "get to know you" questions. Returned later for a facility tour and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Q: What kind of mechanical systems do you have experience with?   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you want from a job?   1 Answer

Building Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

This interview process moved so fast it almost had me worried. I've never had the opportunity to work for a company that actually cares about hiring timelines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was ridiculous. I stated a salary that was very low, to avoid looking deserving, yet Hines still came back with a number that made mine pale in comparison.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Huge waste of time - Alot of incorrect information given. I applied online and then was called for a phone interview by the recruiter. After that, he set up an in person interview with himself and with the accounting manager for the following week. I met with him, and the manager didn't show up. The recruiter spent practically the entire time just trying to see if she was going to show up.

I asked up front about the salary and was given a range of 45-55K. I was told that you could work from home 2-3 days per week, and could work out of any of their offices in Seattle. I was given incorrect vacation information, and benefit information in general.

After that interview, I was told I just needed to meet with one other person, and it was him who made the call on hiring. I got called for the next interview and was surprised to meet with the original girl who did not show up to the first interview, not the man who I was told I would be meeting with.

Then, I got called back for another interview with the supervisor. I was told I should set aside 30 minutes and was there for over an hour.

The following day they called and said they would make me an offer and hoped to get it to me that afternoon. I never heard back. Then the following week, I received a phone call that again, they wanted to follow through with the offer and that they wanted to meet me that day. I met with them that afternoon, and did not receive an offer. I was brought into a room and left with yet another person who did ANOTHER full on interview. I was not told I was going to be interviewed again and was not prepared.

The next day, I received the offer. The offer was 43K. 2K less than the original range. I brought this up and was told that "it can fluctuate a little bit". Yes, I am sure it does fluctuate, but within the range given I expected. I rejected it, and they came back with 44,500. 500 less than the original lowest end of the range.

I also found out you can not work from home. You do need to go to a specific office. You have a set schedule (on salary). Vacation benefits were different than originally told to me. Health benefits were more. I was also asked several times if I was okay working overtime. I was under the impression that there were going to be alot of hours.

Very disappointing process! I ended up turning the offer down and they did not come back with anything higher. A huge waste of EVERYONE's time!

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to work overtime?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Came in and met with all bosses separately, got called back for second interview and asked to start within the next three weeks. The paperwork was a long process

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Received an email the next day from the Recruiter asking for my availability for a phone interview. Interviewed 2 days later. Was told that she would be sending my resume and application to the hiring manager and they would be in touch. Got an email from the recruiter the next day discussing a different salary than was provided in my initial phone interview and wanted to check to see if I wanted to continue with the process due to the difference of the two salaries. I said yes, that I wanted to continue and haven't heard anything back. It has been 2 weeks now and I have not received a return phone call or email from the recruiter and have no information to contact the hiring manager.