HireStrategy Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

HireStrategy Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.2

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an in person interview at the HireStrategy DC office. We went over my resume and experience and discussed my career goals. The HireStrategy representative I spoke with was very helpful and understands the sometimes lengthy interview process. I submitted a resume to them and they forward it to the companies I say that I am interested in. I chose based on the type of company and the compensation.

Interview Questions

• The interview is more of an informational exchange to understand the client's work aspirations.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I honestly cannot say enough good things about my experience with HireStrategy. I was referred to them by a former employee who worked there for several years. I submitted my resume for external opportunities and within 48 hours I received a call to set up a preliminary conversation so that the recruiter (Katie), could get to know me on a more personal level and better understand what I was looking for in the next phase of my career. From there, I came in for a 1:1 and met with the recruiter who initially contacted me, she was extremely warm, welcoming, and very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, there weren't any external sales roles that immediately stuck out, but she did suggest that I look into internal opportunities. I took her advice and spoke with her superior who then passed me on to the VP of Sales, who goes by "CV." I met with CV in person and we had one of the most refreshing, open, and honest conversations that I've ever had with a hiring manager. CV was not only a pleasure to speak with, but genuinely put my priorities as a sales professional ahead of his own. He challenged me to think about my career path and the level of commitment required to be successful at HireStrategy.

Ultimately, I decided to forgo the option to pursue a role within the organization. HireStrategy checked off just about every bucket on my list in terms of culture, competitive salary, and upward mobility. It came down to a gut decision, but I would recommend HireStrategy to anyone in the future that is looking to advance in their career and seeking complete transparency. I wish CV and the team at HireStrategy continued success, this is definitely a company that you should keep on your radar for both internal and external opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Q: "What would be the ideal role for you, in the next phase of your career?"
      Q: "How would people who know you best, describe your personality?"
      Q: "How do you handle challenges and / or criticism?"
      Q: "What do you enjoy most about the sales process?"
      Answer Question

In order to be truly successful in recruiting, you really need to commit 3 to 5 years to your craft. Unfortunately, my future in DC was too unpredictable to proceed further.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had a negative experience working with a recruiter from HireStrategy. They submitted my resume for a position and scheduled the interview process with the company for me. During this process the recruiter was extremely helpful and communicative. However, after there was a lull in the process of moving forward, the recruiter failed to answer my emails or follow-up with me on the status/results. It quickly became very clear to me that the recruiter only had their best interest in mind and not mine (the candidate). The lack of professionalism has really deterred me from ever working with a recruiter here again.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I received a call and after some preliminary screening was invited to come in to interview. I was met by a hiring associate who reviewed my resume and asked me more specifics about my experience and salary expectations. She then explained to meet what their clients were generally looking for.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for temporary work, permanent, full time or part-time. Are you flexible? Do you have any upcoming vacations planned?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

The HireStrategy team was very involved (called or emailed me 2-3 times per week) until I actually went in to their clients office for an in-person interview. It has been a month since my interview and I have yet to receive formal feedback or updates on the hiring manager's final decision. I tried to follow-up several times since then to no response from the HireStrategy team. For a company that depends on talent to grow their business, this is a very poor way to go about building relationships.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

These people are ridiculous. This guy called me about a Corporate Recruiter position and didn't even have my resume in front of him. He sounded surprised that I wanted a career in Recruiting just because I have a degree in HR. They are technically the same duties. I don't know what level of talent they hire there.

Interview Questions

• So ummm tell me what you're looking to do?   1 Answer

They are obviously not the sharpest knives in the drawer

Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was one phone screen with the Internal Recruiter and two seperate in-person interviews with the Managing Director, Senior Director, and some other team members. All interviews were 1:1. No panel interviews. Final interview was with COO of the company.

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter and did an interview. They did not respond for a few days and then scheduled a interview for the next day,they failed to provide follow up information. It turns out that the job did not match my skills. Why was a interview scheduled?

Temp Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quick, both the phone and in person interview took place within 2 days of me contacting the company. My interviewer was extremely friendly and extremely eager to help me in my job search.