Hired Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hired (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewing at Hired was honestly a breath of fresh air. There was a consistent theme of transparency from my first introduction, all the way through wrapping up the process. I had the opportunity to meet with a super diverse panel and left with a strong cross-functional perspective having met with people from multiple departments. Most importantly, each interviewer was well prepared for each of my interviews and asked more relevant questions that I've seen at any company. It is refreshing to see that even as you interview with people outside of the department you may be directly working on, each person had a clear understanding of what success looks like for the position.

I felt challenged, gained a comprehensive and diverse view of the role I was interviewing for, and walked away with an incredibly positive opinion of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why Hired of all of the opportunities out there?   Answer Question
    • What do you do differently from everyone else that makes you the best fit for this role?   Answer Question

Community Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Interview

I was contacted quickly to set up an initial interview time by filling out a poll with 30 minute slot times that I would be available. I was given a date and time, and the name of who I'd be speaking with. I did a little research and found that I'd speaking with someone in the role I was applying.

During the phone call I was asked a little about my background and job I previously had. As soon as I mentioned that I had moved across the country and was no longer in that position (less than a month out of work), it was very apparent that he had become uninterested in learning more about me. Only providing responses such as "yeah" and "sure" to my answers. With no follow up.

He ended the phone call by asking if I had any questions. I asked how he got involved with Hired, what the atmosphere was like, and what the day-to-day in my role would be. He couldn't even give me an answer for day-to-day experiences. I asked for any examples and was completely blown off.

I was told nothing about the company or it's mission. The call lasted 10 minutes though scheduled for 30, and the man was short and rude towards the end. I had read so many positive reviews but this was extremely disappointing.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hired in July 2014.

Interview

I did an online auction on hired and got approached by one of their recruiters. The phone interview was just one question. After nailing it in 5 mins, I chatted with my interviewer for a long time as the duration of the interview was supposed to be a hour. Fairly good phone interview experience led to onsite interviews. It consists of two pairing programming interviews, each lasting 2 hours. The first one was about oop, and the second one was about coding on their product. There were a bunch of meetings with the product team, the business team and the President/CTO. Got rejected the next day as they considered me not experienced enough on Rails.

The experience was overall good. People are really nice and the company is growing fast in terms of business. Technically, I don't think there's much to do as the traffic is not that large. Honestly speaking, I can work with a couple of dudes and pretty much come up with the same website and service in a big course project.

I think it was a waste of time as I told the recruiter I was not familiar with Rails and he still insisted bringing me in.

Interview Questions

• There were no algorithm questions at all. Just be a good Rails programmer, and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Hired (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Company contacted me while participating in a Hired candidate batch.
    Intro call with a founder, followed by a brief remote technical interview (shared coderpad) and an all-day on-site. On-site consisted of a paired technical OOP exercise, lunch, and a paired coding session on their actual product. References were then collected and contacted before an offer was made.

There weren't really many surprises - the process was very deliberate. At each stage the interviewers were straightforward about what they were looking to see and were collaborative in helping achieve it. The paired coding session gave me a positive impression of their working culture and development practices, and made the decision to join easier.

Interview Questions

• Paired to find and fix a bug in their codebase; discussed how to best fix it and wrote tests for the fix.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hired (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on the website. Had an in-house recruiter respond to me and arranged a call with the recruiting director. Then they sent me a take home challenge 2 days after the phone screen.

Had a typical phone screen. Was given a take home assignment. After completing and submitting a day after it was given, I was given a rejection a week afterwards with no clear explanation or feedback.

It was a long waste of time since the whole process took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Find the closest two cities out of a list of cities. You are free to use any approach you deem necessary as it is open ended.

I felt like I was rejected upon the initial phone screen and they sent the challenge as a polite way to waste of time.   1 Answer

Nov 16, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to interview at Hired and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate any and all feedback! We have designed our interview process to be thorough as we want to... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Typical HR phone screen and then a phone interview. Honestly do not know why I was rejected since I was able to solve their problem fast and it was correct. The interviewer was even impressed with the speed I was able to do it. He was very awkward though and seemed very unprepared for the interview. Asked me the runtime and he seemed unsure of the answer... don't waste your time here.

Interview Questions

Hired Response

Dec 1, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your interview with Hired. Our interviews are designed to assess a wide range of skills, and it is always a difficult process to... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hired.

Interview

I have applied online and their recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. It went very well, moderate problem I have solved in ~10 minutes and it impressed interviewer. I finished interview with 25 minutes to spare and we just chatted for the rest of the time. Then they scheduled remote onsite interviews through Google hangouts. They asked me to design a Hired like system, which in my opinion isn't complex and don't need much system design knowledge. Then there was this OOPs question, which was good. After these two interviews I was told that they think that my skillset isn't right for the role. Honestly, what I don't understand is what exactly did they test? My ability to understand and design a simple system like Hired? Or is it more like why didn't I make it exact replica of what they have? Seriously waste of time! Glad that I didn't travle to SFO and wasted even more time.

Nov 28, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your interview with Hired. We put a lot of time into defining our interview process and it is designed to assess a wide range of... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hired (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic 5 rounds covering Object Oriented Programming, System Design, Coding round, basic Algorithms, Distributed systems etc. Most interviewers were clearly inexperienced and the overall interview structure barely seemed to align well with the position details I was interviewing for. They did not really interview me for the specific position.
    It was pretty surprising for me that they don't know how to effectively interview - although I understand hiring is a hard problem. But they claim to be the bridge between candidates and companies - so they should have done this part better.
    Also, some interviewers had a serious attitude problem. One of the interviewer seemed to expect me to fail at the coding/architecture question the moment it was given to me. When I solved it apparently effortlessly, the interviewer was visibly upset and pissed and went on to nitpick about my code randomly adding specifications that weren't made clear in the beginning of the interview. I hope that I was imagining this but there was a very obvious contrast in this person's behaviour between the beginning and the end of the interview. Was it something I said? No, because I pretty much went down to implement the solution instead of indulge in small talk - which the interviewer was anyway not interested in.
    What a horrible experience! I instantly decided that I NEVER want to work with this person or a team that hired such people. I have interviewed with hundreds of companies in the Silicon Valley and this interview experience hits rock bottom.
    I hope this was a one off case and the rest of the HIRED team is better. Dear Interviewers, learn to be objective,to be professional and stop bringing your personal biases and emotions into the interview room.

Horrible experience

Nov 14, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your interview with us, we are very sorry to hear about your negative experience. It is very important to us to address several points that you have... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hired (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Worst hiring interviews ever. They should be renamed as Fired.com. Interviewers make faces if you don't exactly answer what they want. Design questions are so vaguely interpreted to the candidate that the interviewer itself forgets what was part of the initial question and what was not. Any answer that you come up with shall be pushed back with non ideal or non industry hypothetical situations.
    Coding round was good. The guy was friendly.
    And encouraged with right questions.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hired (Seattle, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

I contacted hired, filled out an amazingly detailed profile that I spent days on. Put up some portfolio info on the site as well. Then later I was emailed that they didn't have any internships. Okay fine. So then I reapplied and this time said I was looking for any positions like full time, part time, contracts, etc. Days later they get back to me saying sorry we are not going to be looking for a job for you, your profile has been rejected.

They promise the world and don't deliver. If they're going to be judgmental against people who have associates degrees and certificates, just put on your website only looking for bachelor's and above. I work my butt off and build projects and code every single day. Its their loss for not giving me a chance.

They missed out on a lot of business because I would not recommend them to any of my software engineering friends/family.

I'd pass on them, waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• They told me they didn't offer internships   1 Answer

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hired in April 2015.

Interview

First interview was a basic screening interview, confirm items from your history and help them gain an understanding of you and your background more in depth. Second interview focused on each role through your history with a set of the same questions surrounding what you did, what you accomplished, what you would have done differently. Both were very willing to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing you did in that role, what would it be and why?   Answer Question