Hiscox Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hiscox Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

3.4

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hiscox (White Plains, NY).

Interview

I started this role as a contingent employee (read: contractor). My initial interview process for the contract hire was done through Top Prospect Group (Executive Recruiter, highly recommend. They really go to bat for you!). I had a phone call with TPG, then an in-person with TPG to fill out some paperwork, and a just-get-to-know-me chat.

They asked about placing me at Hiscox, and I said I was interested. From there, I had a phone interview with Hiscox recruiter, a phone interview with my hard-line manager, and analytical personality test (dealing with critical thinking, inferences, assumptions, et cetera), and an in-person 60 minute interview with the hard-line manager, with 2 other higher-ups coming in for questions during the interview. Everyone was very amiable. I got the contract, and 8 weeks later I got the permanent job offer.

Note: I am a proactive, head-down, get-the-work-done-now, critically thinking worker, who knows their domain, and how to deliver high-quality collateral. Hiscox extremely values hard-working smart employees, and does not tolerate layabouts. I love the environment here. The interview process is easy if you know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: A letter goes out to insureds that has an error on it. How would I identify the work in a project environment to address the issue?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hiscox

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I went through a phone interview, and then 2 to 3 in person interviews. I also took an IQ test. Passing the test is required to get an offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hiscox (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online, then did the online psychometric tests and then had a telephone interview. Questions were fairly standard: competency based. Why Hiscox, why that position? How is Hiscox different from its competitors? What does Hiscox do? The last question was a problem solving question. They asked me what would have to change if in UK the government changes driving from the left to the right side. At the end I could ask some questions but only related to the recruitment process.

Could anyone tell me what kind of questions did you get during the 2:1 interview on assessment day?

Interview Questions

• How would you investigate the changes associated with changing the side of driving in the UK (from left to the right side)?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied back in April, received a call about a month later asking for availability for a phone interview with the hiring manager, generally behavioural type question. Told a couple of days later that phone interview went well and was invited for an online pyschometric test, a couple of days later told test results had been received and was invited for a face to face with two managers, again mostly behavioural type question based on my CV. A couple of days later I was invited for a follow up interview with a senior manager/head of IT and a member of HR, told I would hear back on the outcome, and after a week of radio silence I sent a follow up email to the recruiter and never received a response. A simple email rejection would have been nice instead of complete silence, not the way to treat people.

Interview Questions

• How do you decide what kind of requirements documentation to produce?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hiscox (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 4 steps
    1. Phone interview
    2. Face to face interview with now manager and lead BA
    3. Online test
    4. Face to face interview with main stakeholder and HR

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Colombia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Amsterdam (Colombia)) in July 2017.

Interview

I first had a talk with the head hunter, after that an interview with the manager, then an assessment, and finally an interview with the HR manager and the Head of change. After that I've received an offer by HR

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bordeaux, Aquitaine (France)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hiscox (Bordeaux, Aquitaine (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

Un entretien en face-to-face avec le responsable de service, le responsable des operations, et la responsable des ressources humaines. Durée : environ une heure. Puis processus de reflexion de la part de l'employeur, avant de faire une offre.

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi devrions nous préférer votre candidature à une autre ?   Answer Question