Hiscox Development Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hiscox Development Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

3.7

Development Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hiscox (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Process involved an initial interview with the RUM & team leader, which lasted about an hour. Following this there was a critical thinking test and then finally an interview with the Regional Manager and HR, with another short interview with the RUM based on technical questions. First interview focussed on my background, key attributes, what I thought I could bring to Hiscox and some competencies along with my career aspirations. Final interview was more based on competency based questions. Total process from first interview to job offer was 9 days. Turnaround of contract and documents was very efficient.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions in the main, particularly focussing on relationship building, teamwork and delivering on results. One of the questions was "Tell us about a key relationship you have developed that you are particularly proud of", which was followed by asking about the financials surrounding that relationship.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hiscox

Development Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2017.

Interview

I found the interview process very thorough. The people that interviewed me were very professional yet still made me feel at ease. I was asked my opinions and I felt that my answers were listened to and taken on board.

Development Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview took place in the company's office. They had to re-arrange the agreed time but they gave plenty of notice so it wasn't an issue.
    Two people interviewed me - the regional manager and the regional underwriting manager.
    Both of them put questions to me. The interview lasted just under an hour.

Interview Questions

• What are three of your strengths and give specific examples of where you have excelled in this area?   Answer Question