Hiscox Insurance Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hiscox Insurance Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

2.5

Insurance Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Really negative experience. Assessor screwed up one phase of process by giving me the wrong information on the task, which impacted negatively on the results, even though I made this clear to the assessor at the time.

Although I passed the other sections of the assessment, no allowance was made for their mistake, which I was told in feedback was the only reason no offer was made.

Don't waste your time taking time off to attend if there isn't going to be a level playing field. The assessment centre is a tick box exercise - no room for qualitative opinions. Jump through their hoops the way they want you to and you will be offered a role.

It's also thoroughly impolite to ask my feedback when calling to say I haven't got the role, leave me on tenterhooks as if you are going to make an offer, and then drop the decline bomb. I was then told that, even though I'd just given my feedback to them, that they were 'too busy to give feedback' as they needed to do more assessment centres (implying that the felt the candidates they'd had weren't good enough.) Way to rub it in!

Thoroughly disappointing process.

Interview Questions

• They do a mock phone call assessment.   1 Answer
  • Group Presentation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hiscox

Insurance Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 1-2 weeks from start to finish. Initially starts off with a telephone interview where they ask fairly standard questions to see if you fit the bill, i.e. "could you describe a time where you suffered a setback?" etc.

The second part was far more terrifying from a personal standpoint, the 'psychometric testing'. This was a grammar exercise and a maths exercise that you complete online should you pass the telephone interview. The verbal reasoning (grammar) is straight forward as long as you pay attention as some are thrown in there to sway your decisions.

After this, you come to the final part which is the assessment centre and what I find most nerve wracking. They give you fair warning as to what is included within the assessment day, and it is broken up into four parts; a mock phone call, a face to face interview, a group exercise and finally an assimilation test or "checking" test. They also provide drinks and a few snacks to ensure everyone remains calm as well as adding in an incredibly friendly demeanour. For all of you worrying like I was, don't. The assessors were all very kind and in my particular day there was only 7 of us, in addition to the fact that we were told there was enough jobs for everyone.

To break the interview parts down, the mock phone call is easy enough as they give you all the information you'll ever need to call a 'customer' and offer them a certain product.

The face to face interview again, is as what you would expect. Plenty of questions with regards to how you will fit in to the company and to assess whether or not you are going to put the business and customer first.

The group exercise was slightly more hectic as everyone was well aware that they had to say a piece for themselves while not talking over anyone else at the same time. The exercise itself was purposefully vague in my opinion in order to ensure candidates would spend a suitable amount of time discussing things and not actually coming to a fixed conclusion. This I presume gives everyone ample opportunity to have their say and get involved to contribute to the conversation.

The final part which took directly after the group exercise was the checking test. This plain and simple is a comprehension test with an insurance policy sat infront of you. The main difficulty in this is the wording used within the policy in addition to the small amount of time compared to the large amount of reading material you have to sieve through to get your answers.

All in all though a very professional and enjoyable experience by comparison to any other interview process I've thus far gone through. I was also assured I would be rung before the weekend, which I was.

Interview Questions