Hiscox Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hiscox Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

2.5

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Flawless, seamless and very very accommodating, Urz and Chelsea made things so so easy and the whole process was brilliant. Had interview on the AM and by 5pm had been told I was successful so no waiting or hanging about and can’t wait to get started!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Usual questions like “why are you a good fit for the role” etc, just be well prepared and you will be fine, there are no trick questions and the interviewees were really nice and made it feel easy to talk to   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hiscox

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England (UK)).

Interview

There was 3 steps to the interview process. Step 1 was a telephone interview. You are asked a few questions to find out if you would be suitable for the role, if successful you would then move to the 2nd step which is a Maths and English test. If you hit the pass mark as the final step you are invited to an Assessment Day. Here you do call listening, a mock call, a group activity and a final interview. The day is so relaxed and fun so there is nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have had to prioritise your work load and what you did to manage the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

Prioritises being approachable, transparent and collaborative, only partially pulls it off.

I was let down by what seems to be an understaffed HR department, but all in all they tried to make it a pleasant experience for everyone involved.

The assessment centre was odd, it was a relatively positive experience as long as one ignored the elephant in the room that in reality each person there was in competition with each other. This was brought up during the session, along with the question of how many roles were open considering there were a good number of us. the response was only an awkward change of subject and an attempt to reinforce that they wanted us to collaborate. This didn't end up sitting well with a few of the applicants, and didn't really feel right considering how much they had promoted honesty and transparency.

It is obvious that Hiscox care about the people within the company, and who they hire, but the execution of that was a little off for me. A few minor technological issues and some disruption caused by staff holidays contributed to a lengthy and ultimately unsuccessful use of my time.

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Very polished and professional throughout the entire assessment from all the staff I met. Every Hiscox employee in the recruitment team were very good at making the entire group feel relaxed and at ease for the entire duration.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Hiscox   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Fun style interview, mixture of 4 activities that alleviate any worries/nervousness. The recruiters are lovely and all staff you meet make you feel so welcome. You observe people whilst working, giving you an insight into the job. A group activity amongst all being interviewed. A role play call, different to the 'norm' and fun. Then finally there is a set of competency based questions/interview for 30 minutes, not the usual competency based questions that you are asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

It was four parts. All designed to challenge your different skills. You were put under pressure. Overall this was intense and never have done an interview like this. Every single member of the training team were fantastic, thank you for the experience! And I have my fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of taking responsibility and why I took that responsibility when something went wrong.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

3 stages- telephone interview followed by online tests maths and verbal reasoning and if successful attend an assessment centre. I was impressed with the assessment day - relaxed environnent and supportive staff

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

one of the best interviews I have attended, HR and all employees involved in the assessment centre are really friendly instantly putting you at ease.

4 stages including and interview conducted by various members of staff, a mock call in which you are given all the information you will need, a group activity and a test In which you read a brief and select the correct answer from the text.

HR true to there word and call back promptly to let you know outcome, all in all a great experience and brilliant team.

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended an assessment day in a group with for other people, which lasted from 9AM to 12:30PM We were told at the outset that we weren't all competing for the one vacancy, and this created a much easier atmosphere during the assessment process. There was a group task, involving all five of us, and three individual tasks, one of which was an interview with two managers from different departments and with different seniorities. The assessments all seemed very tied into the role we were applying for, and there was nothing which seemed spurious or confusing. The group was looked after by two more junior people who were not assessing us, and they were very friendly, honest and professional. The entire process felt very transparent and very accommodating. Though we were obviously being tested and challenged to an extent, there was nothing in the way of trick questions. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions and to display your strengths in front of the assessors, but there wasn't any time-wasting or hanging around waiting for the next assessment to begin. The day ended with a tour of the building. I received a decision via a telephone call on the same day. Overall, extremely well-run and an excellent introduction to the company.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you brought someone around to your way of thinking."   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

Attended an assessment centre involving 4 tasks:

Group Presentation
    Assimilation Test
    Role play exercise
    Interview

All staff were very welcoming and friendly which made candidates feel at ease and the process ran very smoothly. Good experience all in all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have failed, and what did you to overcome it?   Answer Question