Hispanic Scholarship Fund Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hispanic Scholarship Fund

Manager - Workplace Giving Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hispanic Scholarship Fund in December 2016.

Interview

Two months after submitting a resume I got a call from someone in HR. At this point I hadn't even remembered what the job was - it was no longer listed. We arranged to speak at 1:30pm and she called me at 2:30 when I was no longer available. So we rescheduled for the next morning at 9am. I arranged my whole morning around this call and she finally called at 10:15, again when I was no longer available. Both times she was apologetic in a perfunctory way and kept telling me how busy she was with other meetings and calls. I don't care. Have common curtesy and shoot me an email telling me you have to cancel. Terrible first impression. I will not continue to pursue this.

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hispanic Scholarship Fund (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview, followed by a 15 minute phone interview (interviewer was 1.5 hours late) They took forever to get back to me the first time. I was scheduled to go in the next week, then I got a call that they needed to reschedule. a week later I inquired about rescheduling and they advised me that the position was cancelled. very unprofessional.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hispanic Scholarship Fund (Gardena, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about one month. I received a very random call from HR for an impromptu phone interview. Pretty unprofessional. Then I came in for a sit-down with the VP of Events and the Chief Development Officer (who was the VP's boss at the time). The interview were a total of one hour and were pretty standard. I was then called the next day to come in the following day for another interview with the COO and the CEO. Both interviews took about 45 minutes total. These interviews seemed slightly unnecessary given the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Rate your writing skills from 1-10. This was asked by the CEO.
      Seemed irrelevant given the job position had really nothing to do with content creation.   Answer Question

Director of Scholarships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hispanic Scholarship Fund (Gardena, CA).

Interview

Interview process was somewhat extensive. First had a phone interview and then was asked to come in. Waited in the lobby for quite a while. (guess scholarship money was spent a big screens in lobby) I briefly met with the HR rep and then with the supervisor for the position and finally with the CEO.

I will have to say this was not the best impression of the organization. The CEO had the audacity to be on his phone while interviewing and yawning several times.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hispanic Scholarship Fund.

Interview

It was easily one of the worst interviews I've experience. The first round was with the HR manager who literally sighed on the phone like she was too bored to function. My second interview was with the director. It was a typical interview. I was told I would hear back with a yes or no from there. Two years later and I am still waiting but it's safe to say their follow through leaves a lot to be desired.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hispanic Scholarship Fund (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was slightly brief and straight to the point. The interviewer went into details about my resume and wanted to know why I wanted to know what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain how why I would be a good fit for the company   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hispanic Scholarship Fund (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process was straightforward. I secured an interview through a recruiter. There was a brief phone interview. Then I was invited to interview in person with a small panel. There was a final interview with a department head, which probably lasted around twenty miutes. The panel interview lasted for less than an hour.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unexpected questions. People should prepare just the way they would for any other simple interview. One of the interviewers was sort of antagonistic but for the most part the interviewers were nice and polite.   Answer Question

The company seemed disorganized and after more digging around, I learned how high their turnover rate was. Additionally, salaries are low.