Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.5

Hybrid Motor Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Rockville, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a US manager who was accompanied by another manager from Japan. They proceeded to share more information about their company and the type of work that I will be doing. They explained the difference between working at the Michigan office, which is more customer support-based, and Kentucky, which is more focused on the design side of things. You can expect very basic behavioral questions and I get a sense that they wanted me to unite my interests with the goals of the company.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Harrodsburg, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was grilled with technical questions for over 90 minutes on the phone before being asked to come to their plant for a face-to-face interview a few days later. At the plant, I was grilled with another 90 minutes of technical questions by a whole new group. At no time did they show me the factory floor or office work environment. I actually had to ask what they made for the interviewer to show me in a different office. To this day, I don't know how many "free overtime" hours engineers are expected to work (Hitachi is notorious for abusing salary exempts), how much PTO, or other fringe benefits; they never tried to sell the company to me and I would be just a number. Upon leaving, the rudeness of the employees was just starting. Since they ended the interview during shift change, the plant employees wouldn’t let me cross the driveway to get to my car. After I got to the car, I couldn’t pull out of the visitor parking lot until practically every single employee in line had exited the plant. I would NOT accept a position from this company if they had offered.

Interview Questions

• What was the magnetic energy product of the magnets you used to design the electric motors you developed?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview from HR department person. Review Resume and General Question about previous jobs. Questions include the reason to resign previous jobs, current living location, willingness of relocation, desired salary. There were quiz to take at online.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Monroe, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. First is with HR and VP of operations, discussed work background which took an hour. 3 weeks later, is VP of operations again together with 2 other senior Japanese managers which took 2 hours that included a plant tour. Third interview was with HR for salary offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you willing to devote long hours everyday? (since company was in expansion mode)   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Farmington Hills, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by face to face . The questions were all expected and to the point . Never deviated from the resume and made you understand what they are looking for . If you have good technical base and communication skill it's easy to crack

Interview Questions

• How did you drive motors using pwm ?
      EMC related
      1 Answer

Beps Assembly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas in August 2015.

Interview

You have to pass a basic test. Nothing hard it's easy.Than you have a phone interview. Than a face to face interview. If you have a great personality you will succeed with ease. They live to joke and play during the face to face interview. So just sit back and relax and go with the flow of things.

Interview Questions

• It's your basic interview process. It was more laugher and joking than a real interview.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Farmington, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

A phone Interview followed by an onsite Interview with the team you will be working for. The overall process was very disciplined, questions were pertaining to the team's work and mostly on resume.

Interview Questions

• Business presentation of a project/work of your choice, followed by Q&A by the team   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Harrodsburg, KY).

Interview

Interview process consisted of three different interviews. None of the interviews were more difficult than most companies. The first two interviews were typical questions from the department Managers and Directors. They also gave a tour of the plant on the second interview. The third interview was to sign contract, negotiate salary, and review benefits in detail. The HR department lead this last interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me typical questions such as, do you have the ability to multitask, prioitize many urgent matters, and work with cross functional teams.   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas.

Interview

Quick process. Asks basic questions and behavioral questions. Phone interview and then in person interview. Was sent an offer shortly after in person interview. Couldn't negotiate much they were pretty firm on their offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Couldn't really negotiate

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Harrodsburg, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial interview also had conference call phone participants. Of course, some were Japanese nationals, so remember Japanese business protocols...

Interview Questions

• Any discomfort with aspects of the job description? What are they?   1 Answer