Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Core Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. There was the initial email to me, phone interview, in-person interview, and decision that took 2 weeks. They were very nice people that seemed to create a great work environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly behavioral questions. There was no consulting case interview.   1 Answer

Core Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had an on-campus interview that contained two 45-minute interviews. I was later invited back for final round interviews at their office in Chicago, which was two days. The second interview involved a group case that wasn't too difficult and two 45 minute interviews with VPs and managers. All together, I had interviews with 4 different people (two for the first, two for the second).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a team member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Chilled out but physically tiring. They take you for a team building activity to see you strategies and skills. It is a very different but a fun experience. After this team activity you have an hour and have dinner with the practitioners. They also want you to go to the bars with them (this is not mandatory). I feel they are looking for a cultural fit. They care about behavioural answers. However, the office is very small. It was smaller than I expected but well made. It was fun day!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguous situatuons   1 Answer

Consulting Core Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Hitachi Consulting on campus at the University of Illinois. They had an info session after the career fair and two rounds of interviews on campus. I was shocked to find that VP's were at the info session and interviews - very cool! About a week after 2nd round interviews, I was extended an invitation to the office visit in Chicago. The office visit consisted of a hotel stay, team building activity, very nice dinner/drinks, and then interviews at the office the next day. Part of the final round interview, was a group case, which proved to be challenging as you had to come up with explanations for other team members decisions if you didn't talk about it before hand. All in all, they are just looking for good team leaders during the interview process. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. A week after the office visit, I was extended an offer and had maybe 5 people call me over two weeks to see if I had questions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time as team leader when something didn't go as planned. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Started on campus at my university, and eventually led to on site interviews at their Chicago office. Very friendly people, and the culture is amazing. I knew when I was on site for final rounds that I could see myself at Hitachi after graduation. The culture is so key especially in consulting when most people travel. To be able to secure a welcoming culture like that is challenging, and Hitachi nails it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, greatest achievements, challenges faced in groups.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Temp to perm through an agency, several phone interviews among the levels inside HCC then an in person interview over the course of two weeks. I first interviewed with the person who held the job currently who wanted to see if I would be a good fit personality wise, and then the person who oversaw HR for the region to discuss background and talents.

Interview Questions

• If I would be satisfied completing menial work, would I be comfortable handling the dishwasher and mail, etc. Very small focus on HR tasks, high focus on admin tasks.   Answer Question

Entry Consultant CORE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

1st round interview behavioral
    2nd round is two 45 minute behavioral interviews
    3rd round in on site engaging in tean activities with a couple behavioral interviews and a case

If you are a team player and enjoy working with people then you will do extremely well during these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hear you? What makes you different than everyone else? Why IT Consulting?   Answer Question

The company culture did not appeal to me during the interview process.

Manager Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Was a pretty lengthy process. After the initial interviews, did not hear anything for a couple of months and then things moved forward again. Turns out, they were waiting for the projects to lined up before proceeding.

Dallas is the main hub, so after the phone screens, you are asked to come down to Dallas to meet the crew for another round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a product design environment, how do you think you feel about consulting   Answer Question
    • Talk about an instance when you missed deadlines and how did you handle the scenario   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially a first and second round interview on campus, back-to-back days, followed by final round in Chicago, IL. The questions were behavioral and fit oriented with the exception of an individual case interview and group case interview in the final round. The final round was actually enjoyable as we were presented with enjoyable networking activities for a large portion of the 2 day process.

Interview Questions

• We're stuck in some town because of a rental car mix up, what do you and I go to do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question