Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions in Colorado | Glassdoor

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted for phone interview within a couple of days with HR. The phone interview was set up within another few days and went fine. After an additional couple of weeks, I received an email from HR that I was being forwarded to another individual in HR to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. I received the email with the interview schedule and info 15 minutes before the actual interview time. When I contacted HR, there seemed to be confusion and the attitude it was my fault. Needless to say the interview had to be re-scheduled.

At the interview with the hiring manager, it soon became clear that it wasn't a standard accounting role, even though the majority of the job description described fixed asset accounting depreciation, GL entries, sales/property taxes, internal and external financial statements and analysis, accruals, account reconciliations, etc. Actually, the majority of this position is doing SQL and Access database building and manipulation, something only mentioned in two short sentences towards the end of the 2 1/2 page job description.

It would have been nice to have an accurate job description up front in the job ad. As it was, it was a waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• How much SQL experience have you had? How much database manipulation experience have you had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the company web page and on carrier page from the school. Received email with invitation within a week from my application. My first interview round was on campus with two senior consultants.

Interview Questions

• I was a student but questions from one of the interviewers were focused on technical skills and previous experience (!).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed.

They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website, then had 2 b2b interview at my university

Interview Questions

• What at your last job made you want to get into consulting?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I was interviewed by current consultants. They were all very personable and forthcoming with information. In truth, I was not as aligned with the position as I should have been. They were seeking applicants with a stronger focus on analytics, which I did not have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

1st round - two 45 min interviews at the Denver office. Generally the same questions asked in each-- behavioral; asking a lot about previous experience. I was notified about 10 days later that I was invited back for a second round.
    2nd round - informal meet and greet with the younger consultants and a 30 minute case in which we had to do a presentation on a supply chain problem.
    3rd round - 4 1/2 hour long process interviewing with 6 VPs/directors and going out to lunch with two younger consultants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a group and the group wasn't getting along and how you solved it.   Answer Question