Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.2

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
  • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 interviews including technical and cultural fit. Interviewed with vice presidents and all were friendly. Core consultants are expected to stay 5 years before being promoted. Heavy travel is to be expected but work/life balance was emphasized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary is non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was a campus hire so my interview process will be relevant for those just graduating from college. I submitted my resume to the university job portal and was called for an in-person interview taking place at my school. I interviewed with a senior manager for 30 minutes and was called one week later for a final round of interviews at the Hitachi Dallas office. The day before the final interview, there was an interview dinner with several VPs, managers, and consultants which helped us break the ice before the interview day and meet the other interviewees. The day of the final interview was a full day (8am-4pm) with 3 different interviews (behavioral and a little technical) as well as lunch with consultants and a case study.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do I want to do consulting?
      2. What interested me most about Hitachi Consulting specifically?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus site, interviewed on campus. Questions were pretty basic, behavioral questions only. No case in the first round. Interviewer told me he had some tips for me for the next round. 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that I was not being invited to the next round. Seemed like a good place to work though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Campus recruiting - very simple process. Met the representatives which included VPs and Senior Managers, had on campus interviews with two members of leadership and then invited back to a social dinner and an all day interview the next day. All day interview consisted of a basic summary of Hitachi Consulting and HR info, two individual interviews with management, Lunch with a current consultant, and a group case study.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the career fair at my university. It took a few weeks to hear back from them since their deadline to submit applications online was a little later. My first interview was a 1:1 interview with a senior manager from the info session the night before. The interview was very conversational and relaxed. A week or so later I heard back that I had been offered to come out for a second interview. The second part of the process was a little different. The first night (night before the interview) there was a dinner at a very nice restaurant with execs and new hires. The dinner was informal but you should still be on your toes during the entire night. Act as if every conversation is a small interview. The day of the interview, we were given a small tour of the floor that Hitachi has in one of the buildings in Dallas. Their area was very nice and modern looking. After the tour, we sat in a meeting room and were fed info about the company and their benefits (which are GREAT)! Then it was time for interviews!!! The first interview was 1:1 and again very conversational. Then there was lunch with new hires. A second interview followed lunch along with a panel discussion and a group case study. The group case study was very relaxed. Just make sure you participate and have fun. Overall, it was a great experience! I loved it! The people were GREAT!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried negotiating my salary to start and that was declined to keep the consistency amongst the new hires. If I were you, I would try anyway. I then negotiated for relocation/signing bonus and it was accepted. The lady I negotiated with was very nice and REALLY excited that I liked the company and that I was accepting. My advice....NEGOTIATE!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

On campus interview was the first round. Then got invited to go to Dallas for 2nd round the week after. There was a dinner the night before at Ruth Chris. Did a series of 2 interviews the next day, 1 with a senior manager and then 1 with a partner. After that there was a group case which was fun, had to present afterwards with a Q&A session from 2 of the more senior consultants. During the times in which you weren't interviewing there was your classic informational presentations about the company.

Interview Questions

Their offers were very sketch. The called and said they would only offer an offer if I was serious and was truly considering them, wanted to know all my other offers. When i said I was interested they said they would send the package, never got it, called the recruited multiple times and emailed them, had to go through another recruiter to finally get a call back after a week. Turns out they were waiting for other people to say no before they would send out a package and they just didn't feel the need to tell me this. Very unprofessional and unclassy. Clear indication of how they do business.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and professional. There was a dinner where we got to meet employees and learn more about the company and then there were couple round of interviews the next day. All the employees were very nice and friendly. There were no tough interview questions. Mostly they are just trying to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit for the company. Definitely one of the best interview experiences!