Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.8

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Interview

1. Two one-on-one interviews with a manager and a VP on campus
2. Thursday dinner
3. Friday all-day interview :
An overview about the company and Q&A
Three one-on-one interviews and each took about 30-40 mins
Lunch with more employees (different from above)
Case study with 5 or 6 candidates and a 5-min presentation

Interview Questions

• Team wok; three achievements; technical questions within your field; your failure; example of how you overcome difficulties; communication with non-native speakers..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through University Recruiting. The overall theme in this whole process is that the office is very involved. I must have interacted with at least 25 employees during the entire office, but there are many more than that involved. They want you to have good answers to "Why Hitachi" and "Why Consulting." The process moves extremely quickly compared to other places I've interviewed with.

Stage 1 - Info session at school. Attended by VP of local office, a few alumni/new hires.
    Stage 2 - On campus interview, either 1 or 2 interviews that are 45 minutes long. Depends on what your school and Hitachi decide on. The goal of this interview is to determine if you can articulate why you want to be a consultant, and why specifically at Hitachi. They leave at least 15 minutes for questions at the end, so come prepared to ask and talk for at least that long.

Stage 3 - Final Round, On Campus
    This is a two-day event generally. The way it runs may depend on the office.
    Day 1 - Started in the afternoon with a group case. We did not get to see the case before, and it was a generic HBR case focused on understanding how you work in teams and how you think. Other offices do this part different, with some giving the case before you arrive. Either way your group must provide at least 1 solution (2-3 preferred), and you will be asked questions. It is important not to always agree with the questioner, pushing back is fine if it is supported by evidence.

After the case there's happy hour with recruiters and staff. This is where you can mingle with employees. If some approach you out of the blue, there's a strong chance that you'll be interviewing with them the next day.

Day 2 - Interview + Meal
    This consists of 3 interviews that are 45 minutes long. It includes 1-2 behavioral interviews, and a "technical" interview. If you're from a tech background expect tech questions, and if not, it'll be more case-like.

At some point, you and a group of interviewees and a group of Hitachi employees will go out for lunch/dinner.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   1 Answer
    • Why Hitachi?   Answer Question
    • What are some things about being a consultant that will challenge you, and what are some things that you will never like?   1 Answer
    • Pick three of your accomplishments and talk me through them   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a group member who didn't perform   Answer Question
    • Other standard behaviorals   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting salaries are pretty non-negotiable. They give you a very short time to consider the offer. If you don't accept after a few days, you may start getting calls from people you interviewed with expressing how excited they are to have you on the team.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Did on-campus interviews, then went to a networking event, and a final on-site interview. Pretty easy overall, friendly people on site. HR team in a different state did not seem friendly, but it was a week before the holiday season.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

4-6 rounds of interviews with consultants and HR members then a team case study. Questions are primarily focused around your resume and relevant experience. The team case study is important to let yourself stand out while interviewees take notes on how you perform and interact with the team.

Interview Questions

• The case was regarding a merger between two companies with the question focusing on what steps you would recommend to the company for a swift integration with various facts, stats and descriptions of department roles given to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview I got advanced to an in office interview. Sat in a room and 3 separate interviewers came to me. Each lasted 45 minutes. I think because it was based off of an employee referral, it was very relaxed. No case interview.

I think I was expecting something more rigorous and they said I came off nervous and that I should come back and interview with the campus recruits.

Interview Questions

• Three greatest accomplishments and how you got there. Examples of leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Clear process, but took awhile to hear. I had multiple interviews and everyone was very friendly and open. Pretty simple questions, felt pretty confident. I had a phone and in person interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com after an initial phone interview I was invited to the Chicago Office for an on site interview where I met with two VPs and a manager. The interviews were pretty standard although I ended up having a phone interview with one person instead. I did not get an offer and was not told by the hiring manager for at least a month after asking multiple times.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a time when you did not get along with someone but still had to continue working with them?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 interviews including technical and cultural fit. Interviewed with vice presidents and all were friendly. Core consultants are expected to stay 5 years before being promoted. Heavy travel is to be expected but work/life balance was emphasized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary is non-negotiable

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2016.

Interview

Interview Process took 2+ months and consisted of phone interviews/conversations/ and the final in-person interview with the VP. All of which were very laid back. They had already seen that I was qualified from my resume and employee referral, but what was important was the company culture fit. Everyone's interview experience is different, but be prepared for a not so fast turn around in getting hired and working here.

I had phone interviews with two project managers, and then I had a one hour phone-test assessment, that asked me about previous employee experiences, how I react in conflict situations, and top three things I am proud of accomplishing thus far (career or personal).

After two months of back and forth, silence, and then contact, I was offered and accepted the position two weeks after meeting the VP.

Interview Questions

• How has your past previous employee experiences prepared you for the role in which you are applying for?   1 Answer