Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.8

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

4-6 rounds of interviews with consultants and HR members then a team case study. Questions are primarily focused around your resume and relevant experience. The team case study is important to let yourself stand out while interviewees take notes on how you perform and interact with the team.

Interview Questions

• The case was regarding a merger between two companies with the question focusing on what steps you would recommend to the company for a swift integration with various facts, stats and descriptions of department roles given to you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview I got advanced to an in office interview. Sat in a room and 3 separate interviewers came to me. Each lasted 45 minutes. I think because it was based off of an employee referral, it was very relaxed. No case interview.

I think I was expecting something more rigorous and they said I came off nervous and that I should come back and interview with the campus recruits.

Interview Questions

• Three greatest accomplishments and how you got there. Examples of leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Clear process, but took awhile to hear. I had multiple interviews and everyone was very friendly and open. Pretty simple questions, felt pretty confident. I had a phone and in person interviews.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 interviews including technical and cultural fit. Interviewed with vice presidents and all were friendly. Core consultants are expected to stay 5 years before being promoted. Heavy travel is to be expected but work/life balance was emphasized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary is non-negotiable

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2016.

Interview

Interview Process took 2+ months and consisted of phone interviews/conversations/ and the final in-person interview with the VP. All of which were very laid back. They had already seen that I was qualified from my resume and employee referral, but what was important was the company culture fit. Everyone's interview experience is different, but be prepared for a not so fast turn around in getting hired and working here.

I had phone interviews with two project managers, and then I had a one hour phone-test assessment, that asked me about previous employee experiences, how I react in conflict situations, and top three things I am proud of accomplishing thus far (career or personal).

After two months of back and forth, silence, and then contact, I was offered and accepted the position two weeks after meeting the VP.

Interview Questions

• How has your past previous employee experiences prepared you for the role in which you are applying for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two recruiters on at my college campus. After a few day I was called for an on site interview. I was interviewed by three separate interviewers each lasting about half an hour. Most of which were quite positive. Most questions were based around personality and work environment. No technical questions beyond the basics of computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of polymorphism in object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. First a phone interview, or in most cases an on campus interview. The phone interview was your typical behavioral interview and was really more of a conversation about my resume and experiences. Two days later I was given a call to come in for in officer interviews. This was a two ay process consisting of one group case interview and three one on one interviews, followed by a lunch with two current employees. I had very little case interview/regular interview experience at all, but it was really enjoyable and a went very smoothly. Just make sure to spend preparing so that you are less stressed about the whole situation and can be yourself! They are really looking for more of a culture and personality fit, than a class valedictorian, majoring in business management.

Interview Questions

• What would be your biggest fear if offered a consulting position at Hitachi?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

This was the first phone interview. It was 45 minutes long conversation. 35 minutes were taken to talk then 10 minutes for questions. I was told to choose 2-3 achievements then the interviewer then talks about each achievement in detail asking what did you do or say during the process of getting that achievement.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2015.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview at my university and then 2 weeks later, final rounds in their office. The interview was split up into 2 days and they interviewed more than 50 candidates for the final round. I interviewed with a VP and 2 senior consultants. They were great, except my third interviewer who only talked about herself. I had to stop her and even then she only asked me one question. Then, later we had a group case interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that you want me to remember about you?   Answer Question