Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
  • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two recruiters on at my college campus. After a few day I was called for an on site interview. I was interviewed by three separate interviewers each lasting about half an hour. Most of which were quite positive. Most questions were based around personality and work environment. No technical questions beyond the basics of computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of polymorphism in object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

This was the first phone interview. It was 45 minutes long conversation. 35 minutes were taken to talk then 10 minutes for questions. I was told to choose 2-3 achievements then the interviewer then talks about each achievement in detail asking what did you do or say during the process of getting that achievement.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2015.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview at my university and then 2 weeks later, final rounds in their office. The interview was split up into 2 days and they interviewed more than 50 candidates for the final round. I interviewed with a VP and 2 senior consultants. They were great, except my third interviewer who only talked about herself. I had to stop her and even then she only asked me one question. Then, later we had a group case interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that you want me to remember about you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2015.

Interview

People were nice and they were very helpful during the entire application process. They were very easy to talk to and shared a lot about what they did on a day to day basis. This really helped me understand their line of work.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you were given a problem you could not solve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a first round interview for an hour and a half with two separate people for 45 min each. It was all behavioral and not very hard. Everyone was very nice and willing to answer questions. Second round was the next morning for 30 min. Didn't get invited to third round at their office.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you mediated a problem in a group and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair as well as online. The process took 2 weeks and they gave a response one week after the interview. The interviewer was friendly enough but mostly neutral toward everything that was said. They expect you to know all of the questions that will be asked beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest problem you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university and was invited for an on campus interview with in a week of submitting my application. I met with a recruiter 1 on 1 for about 30 minutes and talked about my previous experience. I was not asked any typical behavioral questions in this interview.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a lot of typical interview questions. My interviewer basically just had me repeat everything that was on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at the career fair and then had an on campus interview. There were two 45 minute sessions where you are interviewed 1 on 1. Standard behavioral interview, there were no problem solving questions or case studies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the company web page and on carrier page from the school. Received email with invitation within a week from my application. My first interview round was on campus with two senior consultants.

Interview Questions

• I was a student but questions from one of the interviewers were focused on technical skills and previous experience (!).   Answer Question