Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
  • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

There were three interviews,I went through the walk in process.for the campus recruitment there was an additional test ,which had quantative and verbal sections.The three interviews were in the office premises,the 1st interview was by the HR ,second interview was by the VP,it was for technical skills.Next day was the third interview which was mix of technical and verbal.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process that could be improved by speeding it up. (Applied March - got job in July).

1. Apply online
    2. Telephone screening call
    3. Two 1:1 interviews after one another with Snr Mangement
    3a. Standard discussion of CV, skills, reasons for working at Hitachi, qualities, consulting lifestyle
    3b. Critical Behaviour Interview - a breakdown of three situations and the detailed analysis of your emotions/thought process/evaluation of the situation
    4. 1:1 with a VP to match 'fit' to the organisation's values and objectives
    5. Telephone interview and assessment in French with French office

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you made a mistake at work and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 days, 1st round is aptitude. The questions are mostly general aptitude and technical. technical questions comprises of hive queries, hadoop concepts, html5 and o/p for a program. Only 16 got selected from 216. It's bit tough to crack 1st round. After that GD, where they ill give us a scenario and we have to discuss about that. It's too tough, only 3 members get selected in every batch. In 1 batch there are about 13 members. Then technical and hr interview. They expect an excellent communication skill from us. So, it's too tough to crack.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 interviews including technical and cultural fit. Interviewed with vice presidents and all were friendly. Core consultants are expected to stay 5 years before being promoted. Heavy travel is to be expected but work/life balance was emphasized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary is non-negotiable

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview Process
     1. HR Round
     2. Technical Round
     3. Behavioral Round

HR Round is more about knowing you and your abilities. This includes questions like Tell Me about yourself, Strengths Weaknesses etc.

Technical Round includes questions on processes and methodologies.

Behavioral Round includes analyzing your behavior and suggesting the improvement areas which will help you to perform better once you join the organization. This is a mere formality but the inputs can help you later on.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more specific to processes rather than a use case to understand how strong his concepts are   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Chilled out but physically tiring. They take you for a team building activity to see you strategies and skills. It is a very different but a fun experience. After this team activity you have an hour and have dinner with the practitioners. They also want you to go to the bars with them (this is not mandatory). I feel they are looking for a cultural fit. They care about behavioural answers. However, the office is very small. It was smaller than I expected but well made. It was fun day!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguous situatuons   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antwerp (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Antwerp (Belgium)) in January 2014.

Interview

Ik werd benaderd door een van hun recruiters, waarna ik een gesprek had met mijn toekomstige manager. De tweede ronde was een testdag waarin o.a. presentaties moesten worden gegeven, en er werd een soort managementgame gespeeld met alle 12 aanwezigen waarin je persoonlijkheid werd getest. Ook was er nog een ronde gesprekken met consultants die er al werkten.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was a campus hire so my interview process will be relevant for those just graduating from college. I submitted my resume to the university job portal and was called for an in-person interview taking place at my school. I interviewed with a senior manager for 30 minutes and was called one week later for a final round of interviews at the Hitachi Dallas office. The day before the final interview, there was an interview dinner with several VPs, managers, and consultants which helped us break the ice before the interview day and meet the other interviewees. The day of the final interview was a full day (8am-4pm) with 3 different interviews (behavioral and a little technical) as well as lunch with consultants and a case study.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do I want to do consulting?
      2. What interested me most about Hitachi Consulting specifically?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

Met at Campus Career fair. Greeter was incredible and immediately got me interested.

Applied on school career portal, was notified that I was accepted to first round interviews.
    Invited to drinks with all interviewers the night before interviews- casual but clearly important to see how well we fit with other applicants and current employees.

First round interview was 2 seperate people, 45 mins each, all behavioral as expected.
    Second round was brutal- partially because my interviewer was really tough and asked 3-4 brain teasers, and tried to throw me multiple times. Probably hardest non full case interview I've ever had. Walked out thinking I wouldn't be getting a call back, but got a personal email from my interviewer saying he was happy I made it through his tough questions and he was excited to invite me to final rounds.

Final rounds were awesome, all other applicants were so ambitious and friendly- I wanted all of us to get hired together.. the two day final interview process included a team building exercise, dinner, drinks, and and a day full of case interviews (group case to see how well you can work together without trying to show off), presentations, and meetings with VP's.

Every thing about the process made me want to be part of the company, because they went out of their way to show you how important cultural fit was to the firm- and how awesome it would be to work with other hitachi consultants.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, brain teasers (ping pong balls in room), harvard business case (group case question)   Answer Question