Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews for college hires, one on campus and one in house. Friendly interviewers and a forgiving process. Both technical and behavioral interviews on both sides. As long as you don't completely bomb in one area you should do okay.

Interview Questions

• How would you filter and sort an array of foods based on properties using common loops.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

There were three interviews,I went through the walk in process.for the campus recruitment there was an additional test ,which had quantative and verbal sections.The three interviews were in the office premises,the 1st interview was by the HR ,second interview was by the VP,it was for technical skills.Next day was the third interview which was mix of technical and verbal.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process that could be improved by speeding it up. (Applied March - got job in July).

1. Apply online
    2. Telephone screening call
    3. Two 1:1 interviews after one another with Snr Mangement
    3a. Standard discussion of CV, skills, reasons for working at Hitachi, qualities, consulting lifestyle
    3b. Critical Behaviour Interview - a breakdown of three situations and the detailed analysis of your emotions/thought process/evaluation of the situation
    4. 1:1 with a VP to match 'fit' to the organisation's values and objectives
    5. Telephone interview and assessment in French with French office

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you made a mistake at work and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chen (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chen (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online aptitude test containing general quantitative and verbal questions along with a lot of questions from Cloud Computing and Java.

Technical Round: Mostly Data Structures and Algorithms, OOPS concepts.

HR Round: Didn't quallify.

The interview was a horrible experience. I was the last candidate to be interviewed and waited the entire day for the same. The interviewer was juggling b/w two rooms and making the candidates wait for what seemed like ages. I was asked just one question and answered it as the very first example from the book "Head First into Design Patterns". According to me it was excellent, but i was let go immediately after.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Online form which just asked basic details and for a copy of my CV, phone interview with someone from the HR dept about my background including some more info about the role, in person technical interview with a director asking about experience, problem solving and getting to know what I'm like as a person, critical behaviour interview to identify key traits and see past experience of how I have acted in various situations, HFit (cultural fit) interview with VP.

Overall the process was fairly smooth and they got back to me within a couple days after each interview.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with various situations, especially when confronted with authority figures acting outside scope.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Vellore (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

1st round aptitude+technical mcq 105 mins 110 ques (+1,-2) technical ques were from dbms,c++,java, hadoop ,cloud. Level of questions were very tough involves lot of luck to clear the 1st round.
    Their ppt was like as if they were giving 10 lpa or job is very challenging instead they have very less projects and they have hired lots of freshers which are on the bench(around 200).
     2nd round case study based gd (desert situation- prioritize 15 items,nuclear war situation- eliminate 5 people)selected 5 or 6 from 12 in every group.
    3rd round was technical interview- project and resume based . unorganized , only 2 people were there for interviewing more than 40 candidates.
    4th round - hr.(good speaking skills are tested)
    Avoid it if you have better chances , you will end up wasting your time in company with lesser pay and also not developing much skills ,so after 2 years switching to different company is also difficult.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chandigarh (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

it was off campus interview....there were applied around 300 students...first round was written than gd round than technical than hr round...written was very difficult they asked 110 question in 105 minutes and there were negative markig.....for right answer +1 marks and for wrong answer -2...so if u qualify first round than it will be easy to qualify other rounds...

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 days, 1st round is aptitude. The questions are mostly general aptitude and technical. technical questions comprises of hive queries, hadoop concepts, html5 and o/p for a program. Only 16 got selected from 216. It's bit tough to crack 1st round. After that GD, where they ill give us a scenario and we have to discuss about that. It's too tough, only 3 members get selected in every batch. In 1 batch there are about 13 members. Then technical and hr interview. They expect an excellent communication skill from us. So, it's too tough to crack.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

first round aptitude +1 and -2. second was gd previous year gd topics situation based. just mark ur presence . they select anyone speaking non sense too.but just speak. after that pi (tech.+hr) weird interviews. i dont like the process at all. and be ready it takes too long .

Interview Questions

• tell me a mistake you commit in past 6 months   1 Answer