Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.8

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two recruiters on at my college campus. After a few day I was called for an on site interview. I was interviewed by three separate interviewers each lasting about half an hour. Most of which were quite positive. Most questions were based around personality and work environment. No technical questions beyond the basics of computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of polymorphism in object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. First a phone interview, or in most cases an on campus interview. The phone interview was your typical behavioral interview and was really more of a conversation about my resume and experiences. Two days later I was given a call to come in for in officer interviews. This was a two ay process consisting of one group case interview and three one on one interviews, followed by a lunch with two current employees. I had very little case interview/regular interview experience at all, but it was really enjoyable and a went very smoothly. Just make sure to spend preparing so that you are less stressed about the whole situation and can be yourself! They are really looking for more of a culture and personality fit, than a class valedictorian, majoring in business management.

Interview Questions

• What would be your biggest fear if offered a consulting position at Hitachi?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

This was the first phone interview. It was 45 minutes long conversation. 35 minutes were taken to talk then 10 minutes for questions. I was told to choose 2-3 achievements then the interviewer then talks about each achievement in detail asking what did you do or say during the process of getting that achievement.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2015.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview at my university and then 2 weeks later, final rounds in their office. The interview was split up into 2 days and they interviewed more than 50 candidates for the final round. I interviewed with a VP and 2 senior consultants. They were great, except my third interviewer who only talked about herself. I had to stop her and even then she only asked me one question. Then, later we had a group case interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that you want me to remember about you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Usually an on-campus then on-site interview. General questions for the on-campus. On-site interview includes a case-study - not very technical. Everyone was very friendly...likes to share more about their own experiences than getting to know you/your qualifications.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2015.

Interview

People were nice and they were very helpful during the entire application process. They were very easy to talk to and shared a lot about what they did on a day to day basis. This really helped me understand their line of work.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you were given a problem you could not solve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a first round interview for an hour and a half with two separate people for 45 min each. It was all behavioral and not very hard. Everyone was very nice and willing to answer questions. Second round was the next morning for 30 min. Didn't get invited to third round at their office.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you mediated a problem in a group and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Chilled out but physically tiring. They take you for a team building activity to see you strategies and skills. It is a very different but a fun experience. After this team activity you have an hour and have dinner with the practitioners. They also want you to go to the bars with them (this is not mandatory). I feel they are looking for a cultural fit. They care about behavioural answers. However, the office is very small. It was smaller than I expected but well made. It was fun day!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguous situatuons   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair as well as online. The process took 2 weeks and they gave a response one week after the interview. The interviewer was friendly enough but mostly neutral toward everything that was said. They expect you to know all of the questions that will be asked beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest problem you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Started on campus at my university, and eventually led to on site interviews at their Chicago office. Very friendly people, and the culture is amazing. I knew when I was on site for final rounds that I could see myself at Hitachi after graduation. The culture is so key especially in consulting when most people travel. To be able to secure a welcoming culture like that is challenging, and Hitachi nails it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, greatest achievements, challenges faced in groups.   Answer Question