Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting process and attended company presentation and social events. I had an interview on campus, which included two one-to-one interviews. The interviews were mostly behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Was offered on campus interview after applying through campus recruiting. An hour and half in total. With two separate people, each for 45 minutes. The first one asked mostly behavioral based questions off a list. The second one asked me to list 2-3 involvements with bullet points for each, then he chose one involvement and asked me more detailed questions pertaining what I did for that position, what technical programs I used etc. You need to know your resume well. Both recruiters are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when your plans have to change due to unexpected circumstances.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Had an On Campus Interview. It was an hour and a half long and I met with two different people. One person was very conversational and knew a lot about the company while the recruiter was very by the book on asking the required questions. Very relaxed and easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked to explain times you worked in a team with someone slacking off   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my university and was subsequently contacted for an interview. I had an in-person interview that took approximately 80 minutes and had two parts. The initial part was business-centric, during which the interviewer and I discusses Hitachi Consulting itself and the work done there.

The second interview was a personality/attitude interview during which the interviewer asked me to simply discuss my CV from bottom to top. Not to because it was unclear, but as a speaking and conversational exercise. He then asked me to recant times when I'd had trouble with team members and how I resolved them.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

Met at Campus Career fair. Greeter was incredible and immediately got me interested.

Applied on school career portal, was notified that I was accepted to first round interviews.
    Invited to drinks with all interviewers the night before interviews- casual but clearly important to see how well we fit with other applicants and current employees.

First round interview was 2 seperate people, 45 mins each, all behavioral as expected.
    Second round was brutal- partially because my interviewer was really tough and asked 3-4 brain teasers, and tried to throw me multiple times. Probably hardest non full case interview I've ever had. Walked out thinking I wouldn't be getting a call back, but got a personal email from my interviewer saying he was happy I made it through his tough questions and he was excited to invite me to final rounds.

Final rounds were awesome, all other applicants were so ambitious and friendly- I wanted all of us to get hired together.. the two day final interview process included a team building exercise, dinner, drinks, and and a day full of case interviews (group case to see how well you can work together without trying to show off), presentations, and meetings with VP's.

Every thing about the process made me want to be part of the company, because they went out of their way to show you how important cultural fit was to the firm- and how awesome it would be to work with other hitachi consultants.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, brain teasers (ping pong balls in room), harvard business case (group case question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Champaign, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

In person interview on campus with 2 different people, one consultant and one HR person. Relatively friendly but asked about business knowledge and specific examples. Interviewed a lot of students for the positions.

Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2014.

Interview

One-to-one interview, interviewer was a new consultant. The interview was basic behavioral questions, such as "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to be hired?" The interview lasted for an hour, had only a few minutes to ask questions.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Questions

• Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with the company at a career fair, I applied on line through my university's web site they required a resume and a cover letter, then i had an on campus interview with a recruiter, then i was brought into the office for three on site interviews and a lunch

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a team member and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
    2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
    3. Selected for on-campus interview
    4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
    5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.