Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

3.3

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Hitachi Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I came to Hitachi Consulting through my university. I did an On Campus Interview first after a group session the day before, and then an In Office interview two weeks later. The In Office interview consisted of rotation between two different interviews and a group session.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you stay with previous employers where you did your internships?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 interviews including technical and cultural fit. Interviewed with vice presidents and all were friendly. Core consultants are expected to stay 5 years before being promoted. Heavy travel is to be expected but work/life balance was emphasized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary is non-negotiable

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

HR interview, then a series of technical and non-technical interviews, then final set of "fit" interviews. technical interview questions were medium to difficult, there is some preparation needed to score well

Senior Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and outgoing. Courteous and timely. Properly scheduled and good gaps between multiple interviews. I was called on and properly discussed my future plans and goals. I was also allowed to ask questions. I met with two VPs and was excited to understand the roles and what they had to offer.

Overall Experience was good.

Interview Questions

• 1. Quite Technical
      2. Problems and Analysis questions
      3. Design review   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I didnt ask much and there wasnt any haggling.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Phase 1 was "Telephonic Interview" with Director. Mostly screening questions regarding technical experience.
    Phase 2 was Face to Face interview - First interview was with a Manager and detail level discussion regrading my technology, second interview was with Director and he focused mostly on behavioral questions and final interview was with VP.

Interview Questions

• Technical/Behavioral questions with lot of emphasis on past experience, problem solving etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions

• The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was a campus hire so my interview process will be relevant for those just graduating from college. I submitted my resume to the university job portal and was called for an in-person interview taking place at my school. I interviewed with a senior manager for 30 minutes and was called one week later for a final round of interviews at the Hitachi Dallas office. The day before the final interview, there was an interview dinner with several VPs, managers, and consultants which helped us break the ice before the interview day and meet the other interviewees. The day of the final interview was a full day (8am-4pm) with 3 different interviews (behavioral and a little technical) as well as lunch with consultants and a case study.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do I want to do consulting?
      2. What interested me most about Hitachi Consulting specifically?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus site, interviewed on campus. Questions were pretty basic, behavioral questions only. No case in the first round. Interviewer told me he had some tips for me for the next round. 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that I was not being invited to the next round. Seemed like a good place to work though.