Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Phase 1 was "Telephonic Interview" with Director. Mostly screening questions regarding technical experience.
    Phase 2 was Face to Face interview - First interview was with a Manager and detail level discussion regrading my technology, second interview was with Director and he focused mostly on behavioral questions and final interview was with VP.

Interview Questions

• Technical/Behavioral questions with lot of emphasis on past experience, problem solving etc.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 interviews including technical and cultural fit. Interviewed with vice presidents and all were friendly. Core consultants are expected to stay 5 years before being promoted. Heavy travel is to be expected but work/life balance was emphasized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary is non-negotiable

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

HR interview, then a series of technical and non-technical interviews, then final set of "fit" interviews. technical interview questions were medium to difficult, there is some preparation needed to score well

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was a campus hire so my interview process will be relevant for those just graduating from college. I submitted my resume to the university job portal and was called for an in-person interview taking place at my school. I interviewed with a senior manager for 30 minutes and was called one week later for a final round of interviews at the Hitachi Dallas office. The day before the final interview, there was an interview dinner with several VPs, managers, and consultants which helped us break the ice before the interview day and meet the other interviewees. The day of the final interview was a full day (8am-4pm) with 3 different interviews (behavioral and a little technical) as well as lunch with consultants and a case study.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do I want to do consulting?
      2. What interested me most about Hitachi Consulting specifically?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions

• The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Campus recruiting - very simple process. Met the representatives which included VPs and Senior Managers, had on campus interviews with two members of leadership and then invited back to a social dinner and an all day interview the next day. All day interview consisted of a basic summary of Hitachi Consulting and HR info, two individual interviews with management, Lunch with a current consultant, and a group case study.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

For the technical tract, the interview process started after the internal recruiters were given my information by an employee. The first call was with what would be my boss and simply was a "how interested are you" conversation as well as a quick overview of the company.

The follow up was a day of interviews consisting of technical and business screens with a peer, an immediate superior and an interested (but not directly connected) manager. The final interview was with the practice leader (a managing vice president).

Interview Questions

• If after six months you are not satisfied with your employment at Hitachi Consulting, how would you handle your exit strategy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My offer was what I had demanded in the first place so there was no negotiation. However, knowing what you want before they ask would be helpful and feel free to push back if it is not what you expect.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Clear process, but took awhile to hear. I had multiple interviews and everyone was very friendly and open. Pretty simple questions, felt pretty confident. I had a phone and in person interviews.

Hitachi Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I came to Hitachi Consulting through my university. I did an On Campus Interview first after a group session the day before, and then an In Office interview two weeks later. The In Office interview consisted of rotation between two different interviews and a group session.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you stay with previous employers where you did your internships?   Answer Question