Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.9

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Hitachi Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I came to Hitachi Consulting through my university. I did an On Campus Interview first after a group session the day before, and then an In Office interview two weeks later. The In Office interview consisted of rotation between two different interviews and a group session.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you stay with previous employers where you did your internships?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 interviews including technical and cultural fit. Interviewed with vice presidents and all were friendly. Core consultants are expected to stay 5 years before being promoted. Heavy travel is to be expected but work/life balance was emphasized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary is non-negotiable

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted for phone interview within a couple of days with HR. The phone interview was set up within another few days and went fine. After an additional couple of weeks, I received an email from HR that I was being forwarded to another individual in HR to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. I received the email with the interview schedule and info 15 minutes before the actual interview time. When I contacted HR, there seemed to be confusion and the attitude it was my fault. Needless to say the interview had to be re-scheduled.

At the interview with the hiring manager, it soon became clear that it wasn't a standard accounting role, even though the majority of the job description described fixed asset accounting depreciation, GL entries, sales/property taxes, internal and external financial statements and analysis, accruals, account reconciliations, etc. Actually, the majority of this position is doing SQL and Access database building and manipulation, something only mentioned in two short sentences towards the end of the 2 1/2 page job description.

It would have been nice to have an accurate job description up front in the job ad. As it was, it was a waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• How much SQL experience have you had? How much database manipulation experience have you had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two recruiters on at my college campus. After a few day I was called for an on site interview. I was interviewed by three separate interviewers each lasting about half an hour. Most of which were quite positive. Most questions were based around personality and work environment. No technical questions beyond the basics of computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of polymorphism in object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. First a phone interview, or in most cases an on campus interview. The phone interview was your typical behavioral interview and was really more of a conversation about my resume and experiences. Two days later I was given a call to come in for in officer interviews. This was a two ay process consisting of one group case interview and three one on one interviews, followed by a lunch with two current employees. I had very little case interview/regular interview experience at all, but it was really enjoyable and a went very smoothly. Just make sure to spend preparing so that you are less stressed about the whole situation and can be yourself! They are really looking for more of a culture and personality fit, than a class valedictorian, majoring in business management.

Interview Questions

• What would be your biggest fear if offered a consulting position at Hitachi?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

This was the first phone interview. It was 45 minutes long conversation. 35 minutes were taken to talk then 10 minutes for questions. I was told to choose 2-3 achievements then the interviewer then talks about each achievement in detail asking what did you do or say during the process of getting that achievement.

Core Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had an on-campus interview that contained two 45-minute interviews. I was later invited back for final round interviews at their office in Chicago, which was two days. The second interview involved a group case that wasn't too difficult and two 45 minute interviews with VPs and managers. All together, I had interviews with 4 different people (two for the first, two for the second).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a team member?   Answer Question

Core Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Consultant Core in November 2015 in the Los Angeles office. I had met with several members of the team at two separate career fairs at my university, as well as at their information session in our career center. The entire process took about one month. The first round was held at our career center, where we had two 45-minute behavioral interviews. Both had fairly standard interview questions. The second (and final) round was at the local office and was an all day event. We started with a one hour presentation from several members of the Core, which gave us time to ask them questions about whatever we wanted. After that, we were scheduled for three 45 minute interviews with various managers or VP's. All of these were behavioral as well. In between interviews, we went back into the conference room with the Core consultants so we could mingle and get to know them better. At the end of the day, we got lunch :)

Interview Questions

• How have you used technology to achieve results?   Answer Question
    • What is your leadership style?   Answer Question
    • How do you mediate conflict?   Answer Question
    • What specific experience do you have with data analysis? (They seemed to want quantitative examples)   Answer Question
    • Why consulting? (They wanted specific examples of why you picked consulting over different industries or fields)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2015.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview at my university and then 2 weeks later, final rounds in their office. The interview was split up into 2 days and they interviewed more than 50 candidates for the final round. I interviewed with a VP and 2 senior consultants. They were great, except my third interviewer who only talked about herself. I had to stop her and even then she only asked me one question. Then, later we had a group case interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that you want me to remember about you?   Answer Question