Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

4-6 rounds of interviews with consultants and HR members then a team case study. Questions are primarily focused around your resume and relevant experience. The team case study is important to let yourself stand out while interviewees take notes on how you perform and interact with the team.

Interview Questions

• The case was regarding a merger between two companies with the question focusing on what steps you would recommend to the company for a swift integration with various facts, stats and descriptions of department roles given to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview I got advanced to an in office interview. Sat in a room and 3 separate interviewers came to me. Each lasted 45 minutes. I think because it was based off of an employee referral, it was very relaxed. No case interview.

I think I was expecting something more rigorous and they said I came off nervous and that I should come back and interview with the campus recruits.

Interview Questions

• Three greatest accomplishments and how you got there. Examples of leadership.   Answer Question

Core Consultant Interview

Interview

First round will be a phone screening process with Hr. Next round is an in-person interview with 2 managers and Vice-President. Questions asked were primarily how you handled various tasks and projects.

Negative experience because if you're going to have 3 different heads of leadership interview candidates, they should really all be on the same page with each other; two were emphasizing a lot on work/life balance and how your work experience can be utilized in this position. The other manager spoke heavily about there being no work/life balance and questioned what value someone would have if their experiences don't stem from the tech sector.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email about their company and that there were several openings. No detail was provided beyond a basic title in the solicitation. I researched the company online and it appeared to be well regarded in their industry. Therefore, I responded to the recruiter that I would like to learn more. The recruiter no-showed the first interview. She contacted me a day later and apologized and rescheduled the interview. She was 20 minutes late to this interview. Despite asking me no questions, she spent the first 5 minutes telling me how I had a great background. She then proceeded to ask me which position I was most interested in. I responded that she hadn't yet told me about any of them and I asked if she could provide more detail. Fast forwarding ...she was not able to provide anything tangible about the roles nor did she really ask me any questions about my background. She left the interview with the promise that she would send me the job descriptions, along with an application. She also asked that I respond to her email with availability to talk with the hiring manager. Guess what...the email never came....

Interview Questions

• Which of the openings do you prefer?   1 Answer

Core Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. There was the initial email to me, phone interview, in-person interview, and decision that took 2 weeks. They were very nice people that seemed to create a great work environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly behavioral questions. There was no consulting case interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Clear process, but took awhile to hear. I had multiple interviews and everyone was very friendly and open. Pretty simple questions, felt pretty confident. I had a phone and in person interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com after an initial phone interview I was invited to the Chicago Office for an on site interview where I met with two VPs and a manager. The interviews were pretty standard although I ended up having a phone interview with one person instead. I did not get an offer and was not told by the hiring manager for at least a month after asking multiple times.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a time when you did not get along with someone but still had to continue working with them?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Hitatchi likes to find really senior people ( 20+ years experience) and hire them into lower level positions. They said someone new needs to learn the Hitatchi "way". If someone has been consulting for 15 or 20 years, I can't imagine it is any different than consulting there. If you are more experienced, it is not worth the effort to interview at Hitatchi. They just need worker bees and your career will go nowhere if you are more senior when being hired.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Hitachi Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I came to Hitachi Consulting through my university. I did an On Campus Interview first after a group session the day before, and then an In Office interview two weeks later. The In Office interview consisted of rotation between two different interviews and a group session.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you stay with previous employers where you did your internships?   Answer Question