Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.9

235 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Core Consultant Interview

Interview

First round will be a phone screening process with Hr. Next round is an in-person interview with 2 managers and Vice-President. Questions asked were primarily how you handled various tasks and projects.

Negative experience because if you're going to have 3 different heads of leadership interview candidates, they should really all be on the same page with each other; two were emphasizing a lot on work/life balance and how your work experience can be utilized in this position. The other manager spoke heavily about there being no work/life balance and questioned what value someone would have if their experiences don't stem from the tech sector.

Core Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. There was the initial email to me, phone interview, in-person interview, and decision that took 2 weeks. They were very nice people that seemed to create a great work environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly behavioral questions. There was no consulting case interview.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Hitatchi likes to find really senior people ( 20+ years experience) and hire them into lower level positions. They said someone new needs to learn the Hitatchi "way". If someone has been consulting for 15 or 20 years, I can't imagine it is any different than consulting there. If you are more experienced, it is not worth the effort to interview at Hitatchi. They just need worker bees and your career will go nowhere if you are more senior when being hired.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Hitachi Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I came to Hitachi Consulting through my university. I did an On Campus Interview first after a group session the day before, and then an In Office interview two weeks later. The In Office interview consisted of rotation between two different interviews and a group session.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you stay with previous employers where you did your internships?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 interviews including technical and cultural fit. Interviewed with vice presidents and all were friendly. Core consultants are expected to stay 5 years before being promoted. Heavy travel is to be expected but work/life balance was emphasized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary is non-negotiable

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted for phone interview within a couple of days with HR. The phone interview was set up within another few days and went fine. After an additional couple of weeks, I received an email from HR that I was being forwarded to another individual in HR to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. I received the email with the interview schedule and info 15 minutes before the actual interview time. When I contacted HR, there seemed to be confusion and the attitude it was my fault. Needless to say the interview had to be re-scheduled.

At the interview with the hiring manager, it soon became clear that it wasn't a standard accounting role, even though the majority of the job description described fixed asset accounting depreciation, GL entries, sales/property taxes, internal and external financial statements and analysis, accruals, account reconciliations, etc. Actually, the majority of this position is doing SQL and Access database building and manipulation, something only mentioned in two short sentences towards the end of the 2 1/2 page job description.

It would have been nice to have an accurate job description up front in the job ad. As it was, it was a waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• How much SQL experience have you had? How much database manipulation experience have you had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two recruiters on at my college campus. After a few day I was called for an on site interview. I was interviewed by three separate interviewers each lasting about half an hour. Most of which were quite positive. Most questions were based around personality and work environment. No technical questions beyond the basics of computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of polymorphism in object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. First a phone interview, or in most cases an on campus interview. The phone interview was your typical behavioral interview and was really more of a conversation about my resume and experiences. Two days later I was given a call to come in for in officer interviews. This was a two ay process consisting of one group case interview and three one on one interviews, followed by a lunch with two current employees. I had very little case interview/regular interview experience at all, but it was really enjoyable and a went very smoothly. Just make sure to spend preparing so that you are less stressed about the whole situation and can be yourself! They are really looking for more of a culture and personality fit, than a class valedictorian, majoring in business management.

Interview Questions

• What would be your biggest fear if offered a consulting position at Hitachi?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

This was the first phone interview. It was 45 minutes long conversation. 35 minutes were taken to talk then 10 minutes for questions. I was told to choose 2-3 achievements then the interviewer then talks about each achievement in detail asking what did you do or say during the process of getting that achievement.