Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.8

Core Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Panipat (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I attended the pool campus drive in Panipat (Haryana). There were many students approx 1000 and only 70 was shortlisted for the second round. The criteria was: that student should have an average 70% marks. B.Tech (CSE,EC and IT) and MCA was eligible for the drive.Students need to carry their resume and photostat of all B.Tech marksheets available till date. The process consists of four rounds:
    -Online Test (105 min)
    -Pre Placement Talk
    -Group Discussion
    -Interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions are from english and reasoning. There were only few questions from quant which were very easy and don't need any practice. Technical portion contains the questions from java, html5, hadoop,many sql queries and from DAA also.   Answer Question

Fresher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

it was a pool campus interview. nearly 10 colleges participates.
    round 1: written test- simple english,apptitude ,c, java ,sql,c++ (technical mcqs were really tuff)
                   selected 90/900
    round 2:grup discussion, selected 2/10
    round 3: personal interview
    picked only 2

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 days, 1st round is aptitude. The questions are mostly general aptitude and technical. technical questions comprises of hive queries, hadoop concepts, html5 and o/p for a program. Only 16 got selected from 216. It's bit tough to crack 1st round. After that GD, where they ill give us a scenario and we have to discuss about that. It's too tough, only 3 members get selected in every batch. In 1 batch there are about 13 members. Then technical and hr interview. They expect an excellent communication skill from us. So, it's too tough to crack.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (New Delhi (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a pool campus.First round was aptitude and technical mcq.prepare your java for this.Second round was group discussion,THird round was technical,Fourth was HR.they basically check your personality.
    implement stacks using queue.
    reverse a string
    analysis and design algorithm

Interview Questions

• implement stacks using queue.
      reverse a string
      analysis and design algorithm
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antwerp (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Antwerp (Belgium)) in January 2014.

Interview

Ik werd benaderd door een van hun recruiters, waarna ik een gesprek had met mijn toekomstige manager. De tweede ronde was een testdag waarin o.a. presentaties moesten worden gegeven, en er werd een soort managementgame gespeeld met alle 12 aanwezigen waarin je persoonlijkheid werd getest. Ook was er nog een ronde gesprekken met consultants die er al werkten.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially a first and second round interview on campus, back-to-back days, followed by final round in Chicago, IL. The questions were behavioral and fit oriented with the exception of an individual case interview and group case interview in the final round. The final round was actually enjoyable as we were presented with enjoyable networking activities for a large portion of the 2 day process.

Interview Questions

• We're stuck in some town because of a rental car mix up, what do you and I go to do?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions

• The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   1 Answer

Mobile Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

"Breadth of knowledge and depth of knowledge", thats their motto. Then probably they should required an enterprise architect not a mobile technology architect. They should have been clear (at least HR) what they wanted.

At the begining, technology director shoot a question, I sensed where its going, & I told him I'm not an enterprise architect. Since I'm clear on my side they should have saved my time as well their time too. At that moment they seem they are not bothered about it, but eventually the technical director ends up asking about server layer everytime. I repeatedly saying 'sir, that's not my area of expertise'. They wanted to have a discussion for the sake, since I came along to have that discussion.

After an hour long discussion, the one line motto was said, 'breadth of knowledge, depth of knowledge' to me, when I asked what you are looking up? Come'on you know what you wanted and I knew what I'm, so why did you wasted time? Of course this was very politely asked they didn't answer and acted as they never listen.

Of course this 1 hour discussion, talked nonsense not very closely related to mobile.

Interview Questions

• What XML Parser do you use to parse?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chandigarh (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

it was off campus interview....there were applied around 300 students...first round was written than gd round than technical than hr round...written was very difficult they asked 110 question in 105 minutes and there were negative markig.....for right answer +1 marks and for wrong answer -2...so if u qualify first round than it will be easy to qualify other rounds...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vijayawada (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Vijayawada (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called for interview at off campus.
    3 rounds of Interiew
    1.Written Test
    2.Group Discussion
    3.Technical Intervew

1500 attended for Written 110 selected
    28 selected after GD
    4 selected after TR

Technical Interview was quite typical and test all your Skills.