Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.9

251 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Core Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Panipat (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I attended the pool campus drive in Panipat (Haryana). There were many students approx 1000 and only 70 was shortlisted for the second round. The criteria was: that student should have an average 70% marks. B.Tech (CSE,EC and IT) and MCA was eligible for the drive.Students need to carry their resume and photostat of all B.Tech marksheets available till date. The process consists of four rounds:
    -Online Test (105 min)
    -Pre Placement Talk
    -Group Discussion
    -Interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions are from english and reasoning. There were only few questions from quant which were very easy and don't need any practice. Technical portion contains the questions from java, html5, hadoop,many sql queries and from DAA also.   Answer Question

Fresher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

it was a pool campus interview. nearly 10 colleges participates.
    round 1: written test- simple english,apptitude ,c, java ,sql,c++ (technical mcqs were really tuff)
                   selected 90/900
    round 2:grup discussion, selected 2/10
    round 3: personal interview
    picked only 2

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Kolkata (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had appeared in a pool campus drive organised at Academy Of Technology, West Bengal.

The first round was an online test. Duration : 105 Minutes. It contained 50 questions of Quant+Logical+English and 60 Questions from technical(C++,Java,HTML 5,CSS 3,Hadoop etc). Marking scheme : correct answer : +1 ,incorrect answer : -2
    Around 1000 students had appeared for the Online test from 15+ colleges.
    81 students cleared the online test. Second round was Group Discussion.
    It happened after 2 days. We were divided in groups of 10. Each group was given a case study to read for 10 minutes. The GD was based on this case study. They took 2-3 students from each group.
    So a total of 22 students cleared the GD round. The next round was Technical interview(1:1). In the interview there was questions from DBMS,OS,and networking only. They gave much more importance to these core computing concepts than programming ability.
    Only 3 students managed to clear this round and all the 3 got the offer letter.

Suggestion : Make sure you revise all the concepts of OS, DBMS and Networking thoroughly before sitting in the interview. The questions that they ask are very conceptual and requires in depth knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is Dining Philosophers problem?
      What is page fault?
      What is Sliding Window protocol?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

So many rounds including
    -technical aptitude
    -Group Discussion
    -Technical Interview
    -HR Interview
    It is a decent company with good growth rate and offers good CTC to freshers. I got an opportunity to apply through my college.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions including technical as well as non technical.   Answer Question

Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

fake interviews. There will be 3 rounds. Interview is based on CV like expertize in AR implementation, questions will be asked for AR related in depeth. Again based on requirement and package, interview will conduct like if requirement is there, they will check whehter you know the O 2 C process. if able to tell, that enough

Interview Questions

• Based on CV, they will ask in detail. Like AR implementation. Questions will be asked on SLA, Revenue Recongnization etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Phase 1 was "Telephonic Interview" with Director. Mostly screening questions regarding technical experience.
    Phase 2 was Face to Face interview - First interview was with a Manager and detail level discussion regrading my technology, second interview was with Director and he focused mostly on behavioral questions and final interview was with VP.

Interview Questions

• Technical/Behavioral questions with lot of emphasis on past experience, problem solving etc.   Answer Question

Manager Specialized Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

2 Technical rounds and 2 HR rounds. Technical Interview was straight forward in understanding the work. Good interaction by HR team by providing regular updates and followups. Overall Excellent Experience.

Web Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

6 round of Interviews. Out of 3 Technical and 2 HR and 1 Senior management round. Hitachi does Third party background verification. Fake Experience and fake certificates be careful.

Interview Questions

• Organizing skills, Achivements   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (New Delhi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment cell. I was asked questions pertaining to my coding skills, specifically machine learning. It was a difficult one. Couldn't answer most of the questions. But I was able to display my interest in the profile and that helped. All in all, it was a pleasant experience. The interviewers were very friendly.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question