Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.8

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Interview

Get two rounds phone call interviews from tech lead. All technical questions. Some of them are very detailed ones.Get the onsite offer after one week.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
    2. On-Campus Interview
    3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Hitachi Consulting was recruiting new graduates on my university campus. I talked to about four or five different representatives at a job fair, an information session, and my interview. I really liked all of the people that I met and thought that I would enjoy working with them.

The interviewer started with the standard "tell me about yourself" and then asked several standard behavioral interview questions. The two questions that I remember most clearly were:

"Tell me about a time when you had to deal with complaints."
    "Tell me about a time when you worked in a supporting role."

Interview Questions

• The interviewer handed me my resume and asked me to write an algorithm on the back of it for selecting all even elements from the Fibonacci sequence.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. I felt like they were looking for people with more technical skills/background. My major was in Economics so I didn't have any background in programming/databases and I think it definitely showed during the interview. Waiting to hear back. I was told I would hear back within the next few days whether or not I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is a major challenge/obstacle that you have overcame?
      2) Company X is a mortgage company. Currently it takes them 3 weeks to authorize a loan, while the industry standard is only week. How would you go about assessing the situation/going about finding a solution? (wasn't really a case question, just wanted to know how I would approach a problem).
      3) How much experience have you had with excel?   Answer Question

SharePoint Consultant Interview

Interview

1) I was invited by a recruiter to apply for a SharePoint consultant position based on their Dallas office.
    2) I had one technical interview with a "Senior Architect", I was really surprised that some of the questions... were based on wrong technical decisions!!.
    3) I had one interview with a manager.
    4) Their recruiter called me to notify me that they will move with an offer after the onsite interview.
    4) Onsite interview: They made me go to a coffee shop because they couldn't meet me at their office... first i was interviewed by a VP who was on the customer site...during one hour.. then by a director... it was very awkard that during the interview one of their clients entered the coffee shop and we had to move to a different table...

Consultant - Software Developer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (New Delhi (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

I attended an off-campus drive recently. As it was an off-campus so the response was equally good, and the company officials were also overwhelmed with such response. The procedure included a written test, group discussion then a couple of personal interviews.
    Round-1 Written Round
    It included two tests - technical and verbal. Each test consisted of 50 questions, with 50 minutes for the verbal and 1 hour for the technical test.
    The questions in verbal were very easy - like What is the full form of CV? yes, you read it correct! and etc..
    The level of technical test was good. It included questions from C, C++, Java, DBMS, Cloud Computing, Big Data.
    Out of 800 applicants - only 70 people were shortlisted for the next round.

Round-2 Group Discussion
    Well 7 groups were formed of 10 candidates each and there were given a topic on the spot for discussion for about 12-15 minutes.
    The topic was - How India is the land of great job opportunities as compared to various other countries?
    The other topic, I could hear was - Salman Khan vs ShahRukh Khan.

A tip - before attending the drive, kindly acquire a piece of information about the number of offers the company is wishing to make. This will help you a lot in your preparation, as you'll prepare for clearing the rounds even if the cut-off goes high.

All the best!

Interview Questions

• Output related questions from C, C++, and Java. The query building questions from DBMS.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

After submitting your resume online, there would be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview, the 1st round phone interview was with the manager of the department and another phone interview was with senior architect.within the team. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and some IT-related terms and solutions.

Interview Questions

• Generally speaking, the interview questions were just the typical behavioral questions and some IT consulting concepts. It was not difficult to prepare for the interviews.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

I met them on campus for a Career Fair. I, then, went to my university career website and applied and was asked for an interview. The process was not too difficult. They held one-on-one interviews on campus. Not many questions were asked, mostly just asking about my resume.

Consultant Core Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting process. I did one 30-45min interview on campus with a senior manager. I then went to an all day interview at the Seattle offices where I interviewed with about 4 managers. I was taken out to lunch by 2 current entry level consultants. There was also a group portion where we were divided into small groups and responded to a business scenario to a group of potential "clients." The day was ended by a cocktail reception hour.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Kolkata (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Firstly there will be an Aptitude test,which has got two parts. The first one contains all quantitatives,reasoning,verbal abilities. The second one has got technical questions from java,c++,SQL queries. Both the sections have sectional cut-offs. For each right answer, one mark is awarded and for each wrong answer 2 marks are deducted. So choose the options carefully