Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.9

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Indore (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a campus interview in my college.
    There were three rounds- technical written, technical Face to Face, HR interview. Got the call letter after 10 days. But I got my joining very late. It was recession so got it a year late so that was frustrating phase.

Interview Questions

• About basic C/C++ questions, about my family they asked,
      About my weekness and Strength.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothingf to negotiate as I was a fresher.

Consultant Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview lasting about 30 mins with Nainik, a consultant who became very disinterested in the conversation after learning that I would not be available to work for weeks at a time away from home at very little notice. Terrible attitude and not a company I would wish to work for.

Mobile Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

"Breadth of knowledge and depth of knowledge", thats their motto. Then probably they should required an enterprise architect not a mobile technology architect. They should have been clear (at least HR) what they wanted.

At the begining, technology director shoot a question, I sensed where its going, & I told him I'm not an enterprise architect. Since I'm clear on my side they should have saved my time as well their time too. At that moment they seem they are not bothered about it, but eventually the technical director ends up asking about server layer everytime. I repeatedly saying 'sir, that's not my area of expertise'. They wanted to have a discussion for the sake, since I came along to have that discussion.

After an hour long discussion, the one line motto was said, 'breadth of knowledge, depth of knowledge' to me, when I asked what you are looking up? Come'on you know what you wanted and I knew what I'm, so why did you wasted time? Of course this was very politely asked they didn't answer and acted as they never listen.

Of course this 1 hour discussion, talked nonsense not very closely related to mobile.

Interview Questions

• What XML Parser do you use to parse?   1 Answer

Hitachi Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I came to Hitachi Consulting through my university. I did an On Campus Interview first after a group session the day before, and then an In Office interview two weeks later. The In Office interview consisted of rotation between two different interviews and a group session.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you stay with previous employers where you did your internships?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Simple, 2-3 rounds of interview, basic questions to understand the capability of the candidate and HR round in addition to it. Most of the time all the rounds will be telephonic

Consultant (C1) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There will be 3 stages. Aptitude test, GD and Interviews(2). Aptitude will be mix of technical questions and English test. GD will be case study based. 2 interviews will be there. One for technical and logical reasoning based and another final interview for critical behavior testing. Be confident and answer normally. No need to panic and don't try to exaggerate on anything. Try to keep it simple.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on programming concepts, puzzles and general questions for understanding your critical behavior on specific incidents that happened in your life previously.   1 Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Technical panel could have been more strong. Felt the questions were pretty basic. Expected to have a strong panel and all but the questions were basic ones which could found online. There is no practical approach in questions. Interviewer was pretty confused and weird.

Interview Questions

• Standard Selenium Webdriver questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

There were three interviews,I went through the walk in process.for the campus recruitment there was an additional test ,which had quantative and verbal sections.The three interviews were in the office premises,the 1st interview was by the HR ,second interview was by the VP,it was for technical skills.Next day was the third interview which was mix of technical and verbal.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process that could be improved by speeding it up. (Applied March - got job in July).

1. Apply online
    2. Telephone screening call
    3. Two 1:1 interviews after one another with Snr Mangement
    3a. Standard discussion of CV, skills, reasons for working at Hitachi, qualities, consulting lifestyle
    3b. Critical Behaviour Interview - a breakdown of three situations and the detailed analysis of your emotions/thought process/evaluation of the situation
    4. 1:1 with a VP to match 'fit' to the organisation's values and objectives
    5. Telephone interview and assessment in French with French office

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you made a mistake at work and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chen (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chen (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online aptitude test containing general quantitative and verbal questions along with a lot of questions from Cloud Computing and Java.

Technical Round: Mostly Data Structures and Algorithms, OOPS concepts.

HR Round: Didn't quallify.

The interview was a horrible experience. I was the last candidate to be interviewed and waited the entire day for the same. The interviewer was juggling b/w two rooms and making the candidates wait for what seemed like ages. I was asked just one question and answered it as the very first example from the book "Head First into Design Patterns". According to me it was excellent, but i was let go immediately after.