Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

244 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview I got advanced to an in office interview. Sat in a room and 3 separate interviewers came to me. Each lasted 45 minutes. I think because it was based off of an employee referral, it was very relaxed. No case interview.

I think I was expecting something more rigorous and they said I came off nervous and that I should come back and interview with the campus recruits.

Interview Questions

• Three greatest accomplishments and how you got there. Examples of leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

2 personality interviews on campus, followed by 3 in-office interviews to find your fit in the Technical/Functional Consultant space. Mostly looking for a person to person fit and ensuring that you are dedicated to learning and growing at HCC and not moving on after a year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you led a team and how do you normally work within a team setting?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

4-6 rounds of interviews with consultants and HR members then a team case study. Questions are primarily focused around your resume and relevant experience. The team case study is important to let yourself stand out while interviewees take notes on how you perform and interact with the team.

Interview Questions

• The case was regarding a merger between two companies with the question focusing on what steps you would recommend to the company for a swift integration with various facts, stats and descriptions of department roles given to you.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Panipat (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

First round: Aptitude and Technical Online exam. Question Levels: Easy to Moderate.
    Technologies in Technical Exam: Java, SQL, C, C++, Hadoop and other NoSQL Databases.

Second Round: Group Discussion + HR. Case study based Group Discussion. They give 10-12 minutes to brain storm individually and then start the discussion. They notice everything from Body language, etiquettes, precision, thought process. Basically, a complete analysis of you as a person and a team member. We didn't have an HR Interview separately.

Third Round: Technical Interview. They will ask puzzles and simple coding questions. Interview is pretty straight forward and easy. Not complicated at all.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

Interview

First Round was Aptitude and Technical quiz which consisted of 110 questions (60 apti and 50 technical) with the time limit of 105 minutes.The next day I got the mail that I have qualified for the next round which was scheduled 3 days later.
    Second Round was GD based on a case study.
    Third was technical interview which took place after 7-10 days.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email about their company and that there were several openings. No detail was provided beyond a basic title in the solicitation. I researched the company online and it appeared to be well regarded in their industry. Therefore, I responded to the recruiter that I would like to learn more. The recruiter no-showed the first interview. She contacted me a day later and apologized and rescheduled the interview. She was 20 minutes late to this interview. Despite asking me no questions, she spent the first 5 minutes telling me how I had a great background. She then proceeded to ask me which position I was most interested in. I responded that she hadn't yet told me about any of them and I asked if she could provide more detail. Fast forwarding ...she was not able to provide anything tangible about the roles nor did she really ask me any questions about my background. She left the interview with the promise that she would send me the job descriptions, along with an application. She also asked that I respond to her email with availability to talk with the hiring manager. Guess what...the email never came....

Interview Questions

• Which of the openings do you prefer?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

So many rounds including
    -technical aptitude
    -Group Discussion
    -Technical Interview
    -HR Interview
    It is a decent company with good growth rate and offers good CTC to freshers. I got an opportunity to apply through my college.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions including technical as well as non technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Clear process, but took awhile to hear. I had multiple interviews and everyone was very friendly and open. Pretty simple questions, felt pretty confident. I had a phone and in person interviews.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2016.

Interview

Interview Process took 2+ months and consisted of phone interviews/conversations/ and the final in-person interview with the VP. All of which were very laid back. They had already seen that I was qualified from my resume and employee referral, but what was important was the company culture fit. Everyone's interview experience is different, but be prepared for a not so fast turn around in getting hired and working here.

I had phone interviews with two project managers, and then I had a one hour phone-test assessment, that asked me about previous employee experiences, how I react in conflict situations, and top three things I am proud of accomplishing thus far (career or personal).

After two months of back and forth, silence, and then contact, I was offered and accepted the position two weeks after meeting the VP.

Interview Questions

• How has your past previous employee experiences prepared you for the role in which you are applying for?   1 Answer

Senior UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2017.

Interview

First round of interview was technical and it was good. Then next they took around 5 rounds randomly. Their HR will call suddenly and will ask someone X want to speak. I cleared all the rounds and HR told they will release offer soon as they are waiting for approval. Next day he told its been approved by india head and some other formalities are remaining and they will release the offer soon. Next day i called but he didn't replied and suddenly he called evening and asking for some skype round. Then they told they will release the offer and let me know. Then i call many times there were no response. I had two more offers and i clearly told them they need to clear the things fast. They didn't responded and i joined other company which is a product based.

After someday that HR called me again and asking for joining Hitachi. I asked where he was these many days and he is very care less. I heard many things before about Hitachi and their culture. You can even find here so much bad about the company, their own employees are complaining about management. This HR proved infront of me. I will never suggest anyone to join this kind of company who don't bother about persons.

Opportunities never wait for anyone.