Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 days, 1st round is aptitude. The questions are mostly general aptitude and technical. technical questions comprises of hive queries, hadoop concepts, html5 and o/p for a program. Only 16 got selected from 216. It's bit tough to crack 1st round. After that GD, where they ill give us a scenario and we have to discuss about that. It's too tough, only 3 members get selected in every batch. In 1 batch there are about 13 members. Then technical and hr interview. They expect an excellent communication skill from us. So, it's too tough to crack.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 interviews including technical and cultural fit. Interviewed with vice presidents and all were friendly. Core consultants are expected to stay 5 years before being promoted. Heavy travel is to be expected but work/life balance was emphasized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting salary is non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview Process
     1. HR Round
     2. Technical Round
     3. Behavioral Round

HR Round is more about knowing you and your abilities. This includes questions like Tell Me about yourself, Strengths Weaknesses etc.

Technical Round includes questions on processes and methodologies.

Behavioral Round includes analyzing your behavior and suggesting the improvement areas which will help you to perform better once you join the organization. This is a mere formality but the inputs can help you later on.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more specific to processes rather than a use case to understand how strong his concepts are   1 Answer

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (New Delhi (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a pool campus.First round was aptitude and technical mcq.prepare your java for this.Second round was group discussion,THird round was technical,Fourth was HR.they basically check your personality.
    implement stacks using queue.
    reverse a string
    analysis and design algorithm

Interview Questions

• implement stacks using queue.
      reverse a string
      analysis and design algorithm
      Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview i attended was a pool drive .. as it was a pool drive they were man students attending it . the first round consists of question from all the concepts lik c ,c++,java ,sql ..this questions were multiple choice about what are the output of the program .. the second round was gd . the third round was technical and hr be confident ..

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Two round of technical and one round of Manager round. First round was telephonic. Second and Third round was in person. Most of the question was related to basic understanding. Final round was related to determining behavior

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Chilled out but physically tiring. They take you for a team building activity to see you strategies and skills. It is a very different but a fun experience. After this team activity you have an hour and have dinner with the practitioners. They also want you to go to the bars with them (this is not mandatory). I feel they are looking for a cultural fit. They care about behavioural answers. However, the office is very small. It was smaller than I expected but well made. It was fun day!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguous situatuons   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antwerp (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Antwerp (Belgium)) in January 2014.

Interview

Ik werd benaderd door een van hun recruiters, waarna ik een gesprek had met mijn toekomstige manager. De tweede ronde was een testdag waarin o.a. presentaties moesten worden gegeven, en er werd een soort managementgame gespeeld met alle 12 aanwezigen waarin je persoonlijkheid werd getest. Ook was er nog een ronde gesprekken met consultants die er al werkten.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

First, I was screened by a recruiter to discuss benefits and logistics of the position - they needed to confirm that I was comfortable taking a position that required 100% travel. After that, I had one phone call screening with would-be peer, one in-person interview with a manager, and one in-person interview with a local Vice President.

Interview Questions

• First two interviews focused on technical skills and went smoothly. Last interview focused on consulting skills, which I was very weak on.   1 Answer

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

HR interview, then a series of technical and non-technical interviews, then final set of "fit" interviews. technical interview questions were medium to difficult, there is some preparation needed to score well