Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)).

Interview

Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

Negotiation

They agreed.

Consultant - Software Developer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (New Delhi (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

I attended an off-campus drive recently. As it was an off-campus so the response was equally good, and the company officials were also overwhelmed with such response. The procedure included a written test, group discussion then a couple of personal interviews.
    Round-1 Written Round
    It included two tests - technical and verbal. Each test consisted of 50 questions, with 50 minutes for the verbal and 1 hour for the technical test.
    The questions in verbal were very easy - like What is the full form of CV? yes, you read it correct! and etc..
    The level of technical test was good. It included questions from C, C++, Java, DBMS, Cloud Computing, Big Data.
    Out of 800 applicants - only 70 people were shortlisted for the next round.

Round-2 Group Discussion
    Well 7 groups were formed of 10 candidates each and there were given a topic on the spot for discussion for about 12-15 minutes.
    The topic was - How India is the land of great job opportunities as compared to various other countries?
    The other topic, I could hear was - Salman Khan vs ShahRukh Khan.

A tip - before attending the drive, kindly acquire a piece of information about the number of offers the company is wishing to make. This will help you a lot in your preparation, as you'll prepare for clearing the rounds even if the cut-off goes high.

All the best!

Interview Questions

• Output related questions from C, C++, and Java. The query building questions from DBMS.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

After submitting your resume online, there would be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview, the 1st round phone interview was with the manager of the department and another phone interview was with senior architect.within the team. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and some IT-related terms and solutions.

Interview Questions

• Generally speaking, the interview questions were just the typical behavioral questions and some IT consulting concepts. It was not difficult to prepare for the interviews.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

I had 5 interviews over the course of about a month. 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person. Each interview focused on prior experience but also ideas on how my previous experience could help solve business problems. My hiring manager was very honest about what I should expect (the good and bad).

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was all very practical and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, the offer they gave was what I asked to receive.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I met them on campus for a Career Fair. I, then, went to my university career website and applied and was asked for an interview. The process was not too difficult. They held one-on-one interviews on campus. Not many questions were asked, mostly just asking about my resume.

Consultant Core Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting process. I did one 30-45min interview on campus with a senior manager. I then went to an all day interview at the Seattle offices where I interviewed with about 4 managers. I was taken out to lunch by 2 current entry level consultants. There was also a group portion where we were divided into small groups and responded to a business scenario to a group of potential "clients." The day was ended by a cocktail reception hour.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Nothing much to comment ,I had 4 levels of interview , I was interviewed by senior management.the questions are very simple.

Negotiation

They were desperate to recruit me ....

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Kolkata (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Firstly there will be an Aptitude test,which has got two parts. The first one contains all quantitatives,reasoning,verbal abilities. The second one has got technical questions from java,c++,SQL queries. Both the sections have sectional cut-offs. For each right answer, one mark is awarded and for each wrong answer 2 marks are deducted. So choose the options carefully

Consultant Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview lasting about 30 mins with Nainik, a consultant who became very disinterested in the conversation after learning that I would not be available to work for weeks at a time away from home at very little notice. Terrible attitude and not a company I would wish to work for.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

This was one of the easiest interviews I have ever participated in. Perhaps deceptively easy. I had a one on one interview on campus and was then invited back to the regional office for the second and final round of interviews. There was a breakfast Q & A with several of the JR consultants and then the rest of the interviews started. Each person was assigned to an office and that was their "home base" and three senior managers and one VP rotated into the office to interview. Four separate 30 minute interviews which were all very conversational. There were hardly any "traditional" interview questions, but it depended on the style of the interviewer. After all the interviews three interviewees were taken out to lunch by one of the JR consultants from the Q & A session.