Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com after an initial phone interview I was invited to the Chicago Office for an on site interview where I met with two VPs and a manager. The interviews were pretty standard although I ended up having a phone interview with one person instead. I did not get an offer and was not told by the hiring manager for at least a month after asking multiple times.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a time when you did not get along with someone but still had to continue working with them?   Answer Question

Core Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

My interview process for the core program was slightly different since I was referred. A part of being referred was first completing a half hour phone interview where they gauge your skill based on your resume and do a few behavioral questions. A week after, I did an onsite interview at the local office with a VP and two managers (about 30-45 mins each), focusing on a different area (technical skill, behavioral, and your resume). I was not involved in any individual or group cases. Three days later I was offered the job. It's very important to ask them questions towards the end. They leave the last ten minutes for that, and this is how they gauge your interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• -Name 3 achievements
      -What was a recent mistake you made?
      -How have you handled a situation where you disagreed with someone?
      -How would your friend's describe you?
      -Why do you want to be a consultant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview I got advanced to an in office interview. Sat in a room and 3 separate interviewers came to me. Each lasted 45 minutes. I think because it was based off of an employee referral, it was very relaxed. No case interview.

I think I was expecting something more rigorous and they said I came off nervous and that I should come back and interview with the campus recruits.

Interview Questions

• Three greatest accomplishments and how you got there. Examples of leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

2 personality interviews on campus, followed by 3 in-office interviews to find your fit in the Technical/Functional Consultant space. Mostly looking for a person to person fit and ensuring that you are dedicated to learning and growing at HCC and not moving on after a year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you led a team and how do you normally work within a team setting?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

4-6 rounds of interviews with consultants and HR members then a team case study. Questions are primarily focused around your resume and relevant experience. The team case study is important to let yourself stand out while interviewees take notes on how you perform and interact with the team.

Interview Questions

• The case was regarding a merger between two companies with the question focusing on what steps you would recommend to the company for a swift integration with various facts, stats and descriptions of department roles given to you.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Panipat (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

First round: Aptitude and Technical Online exam. Question Levels: Easy to Moderate.
    Technologies in Technical Exam: Java, SQL, C, C++, Hadoop and other NoSQL Databases.

Second Round: Group Discussion + HR. Case study based Group Discussion. They give 10-12 minutes to brain storm individually and then start the discussion. They notice everything from Body language, etiquettes, precision, thought process. Basically, a complete analysis of you as a person and a team member. We didn't have an HR Interview separately.

Third Round: Technical Interview. They will ask puzzles and simple coding questions. Interview is pretty straight forward and easy. Not complicated at all.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

Interview

First Round was Aptitude and Technical quiz which consisted of 110 questions (60 apti and 50 technical) with the time limit of 105 minutes.The next day I got the mail that I have qualified for the next round which was scheduled 3 days later.
    Second Round was GD based on a case study.
    Third was technical interview which took place after 7-10 days.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email about their company and that there were several openings. No detail was provided beyond a basic title in the solicitation. I researched the company online and it appeared to be well regarded in their industry. Therefore, I responded to the recruiter that I would like to learn more. The recruiter no-showed the first interview. She contacted me a day later and apologized and rescheduled the interview. She was 20 minutes late to this interview. Despite asking me no questions, she spent the first 5 minutes telling me how I had a great background. She then proceeded to ask me which position I was most interested in. I responded that she hadn't yet told me about any of them and I asked if she could provide more detail. Fast forwarding ...she was not able to provide anything tangible about the roles nor did she really ask me any questions about my background. She left the interview with the promise that she would send me the job descriptions, along with an application. She also asked that I respond to her email with availability to talk with the hiring manager. Guess what...the email never came....

Interview Questions

• Which of the openings do you prefer?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

So many rounds including
    -technical aptitude
    -Group Discussion
    -Technical Interview
    -HR Interview
    It is a decent company with good growth rate and offers good CTC to freshers. I got an opportunity to apply through my college.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions including technical as well as non technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Clear process, but took awhile to hear. I had multiple interviews and everyone was very friendly and open. Pretty simple questions, felt pretty confident. I had a phone and in person interviews.