Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.9

Not Sure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Very basic questions   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2014.

Interview

One-to-one interview, interviewer was a new consultant. The interview was basic behavioral questions, such as "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to be hired?" The interview lasted for an hour, had only a few minutes to ask questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

had many levels of interview and most of the times the interviewer had no clarity on the demands of the role they are recruiting.i had 4 levels of interview and the question are not related to the role they are recruiting me for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on the university job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview for 45 minutes where I went over my resume and cool side projects. Since I came from an engineering background, some questions were about why I wanted to go into consulting. Mostly behavioral questions. The next round was a case question onsite and then a couple interviews onsite as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into consulting? What do you know about Hitachi?   Answer Question

Not that great of a reputation

Haphazard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

typically interviews are haphazard and lack structure, cohesive communication. you will typically have to follow up on your own. you submit your resume, there's a phone screen. there's schedulign of the in office visits

Interview Questions

• varies depending on who you get. some are behavioral / cbi-based   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1 on campus interview (behavioral)
    5 in office interview
    - 1st was behavioral w/ a VP
    - 2nd was a case interview (super easy short cases w/ zero calculations)
    - 3rd was a group case
    - 4th was an interview to assess if i was technical or not
    - 5th was another behavioral but more focused on situational stuff (tell me a time when you...)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Graduate Business Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Basic phone interview to review my Resume and expand on professional, academic, and extracurricular experiences. We also went over what the graduate scheme would entail, which areas the company worked in, and next steps in the process. HR was very friendly and inquisitive.

Was invited to the assessment day. Regrettably, received an email a days prior to the latter stating the graduate program had been put on hold.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hitachi Consulting, and why does working in consulting interest you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)) in May 2009.

Interview

had a detailed process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

agreeable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Was referred in by an industry contact.
    Unfortunately, Hitachi has made a few waves of layoffs recently.

They are looking to staff consultants with extremely technical skills.
    This does not mean they are on a pure hiring freeze, but look elsewhere if you are more aligned towards functional or process related projects.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an implementation project from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the nuances of acceptance testing, deployment, and training?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2009.

Interview

It was one of the best interviewing experiences that I have had to far. The interviewer asked me to list three things that we would like to focus on/remember for the interview. Then I expanded on those three things I chose. It helped because I was able to list my strengths and use my experiences to help back them up. The interviewer was easy going and great to get along with. In addition, I received a call instead of a mass email saying that they were not going to continue the process.

Interview Questions

• List three aspects, skills, or experiences of yours to tell me about.   Answer Question