Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

Consultant (C1) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There will be 3 stages. Aptitude test, GD and Interviews(2). Aptitude will be mix of technical questions and English test. GD will be case study based. 2 interviews will be there. One for technical and logical reasoning based and another final interview for critical behavior testing. Be confident and answer normally. No need to panic and don't try to exaggerate on anything. Try to keep it simple.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on programming concepts, puzzles and general questions for understanding your critical behavior on specific incidents that happened in your life previously.   1 Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Technical panel could have been more strong. Felt the questions were pretty basic. Expected to have a strong panel and all but the questions were basic ones which could found online. There is no practical approach in questions. Interviewer was pretty confused and weird.

Interview Questions

• Standard Selenium Webdriver questions   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

There were three interviews,I went through the walk in process.for the campus recruitment there was an additional test ,which had quantative and verbal sections.The three interviews were in the office premises,the 1st interview was by the HR ,second interview was by the VP,it was for technical skills.Next day was the third interview which was mix of technical and verbal.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process that could be improved by speeding it up. (Applied March - got job in July).

1. Apply online
    2. Telephone screening call
    3. Two 1:1 interviews after one another with Snr Mangement
    3a. Standard discussion of CV, skills, reasons for working at Hitachi, qualities, consulting lifestyle
    3b. Critical Behaviour Interview - a breakdown of three situations and the detailed analysis of your emotions/thought process/evaluation of the situation
    4. 1:1 with a VP to match 'fit' to the organisation's values and objectives
    5. Telephone interview and assessment in French with French office

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you made a mistake at work and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chen (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chen (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online aptitude test containing general quantitative and verbal questions along with a lot of questions from Cloud Computing and Java.

Technical Round: Mostly Data Structures and Algorithms, OOPS concepts.

HR Round: Didn't quallify.

The interview was a horrible experience. I was the last candidate to be interviewed and waited the entire day for the same. The interviewer was juggling b/w two rooms and making the candidates wait for what seemed like ages. I was asked just one question and answered it as the very first example from the book "Head First into Design Patterns". According to me it was excellent, but i was let go immediately after.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Online form which just asked basic details and for a copy of my CV, phone interview with someone from the HR dept about my background including some more info about the role, in person technical interview with a director asking about experience, problem solving and getting to know what I'm like as a person, critical behaviour interview to identify key traits and see past experience of how I have acted in various situations, HFit (cultural fit) interview with VP.

Overall the process was fairly smooth and they got back to me within a couple days after each interview.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with various situations, especially when confronted with authority figures acting outside scope.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Kolkata (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Aptitude. Reasoning and English .. Those who selected went for the technical round then hr round ... After two days got the call letter . It was gd experience for me .. This was on campus. Glad to be selected. Total students were451 37 selected finally.. Good good good.
    This is what I can say.....good luck all

Interview Questions

• C program for factorial of a number
      Dbms features
      Sql queries   Answer Question

Core Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very thorough, professional process. Started the process at my university and was invited to second round interviews and from there I was invited to a final round interview at their office location. Met some wonderful people during this process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Kolkata (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Firstly there will be an Aptitude test,which has got two parts. The first one contains all quantitatives,reasoning,verbal abilities. The second one has got technical questions from java,c++,SQL queries. Both the sections have sectional cut-offs. For each right answer, one mark is awarded and for each wrong answer 2 marks are deducted. So choose the options carefully

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Vellore (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

1st round aptitude+technical mcq 105 mins 110 ques (+1,-2) technical ques were from dbms,c++,java, hadoop ,cloud. Level of questions were very tough involves lot of luck to clear the 1st round.
    Their ppt was like as if they were giving 10 lpa or job is very challenging instead they have very less projects and they have hired lots of freshers which are on the bench(around 200).
     2nd round case study based gd (desert situation- prioritize 15 items,nuclear war situation- eliminate 5 people)selected 5 or 6 from 12 in every group.
    3rd round was technical interview- project and resume based . unorganized , only 2 people were there for interviewing more than 40 candidates.
    4th round - hr.(good speaking skills are tested)
    Avoid it if you have better chances , you will end up wasting your time in company with lesser pay and also not developing much skills ,so after 2 years switching to different company is also difficult.