Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process took for 2 months and I had 4 interviews! 2 phone interviews with HR & Hiring Manager (separately) + 2 face-to-face interviews with VP and Director

Interview Questions

• - Project management questions (How do you manage a project?)
      - Excel questions (vLookup and pivot table)
      - Presentation questions (How do you make a speech?)
      1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Waltham, MA).

Interview

My hiring process went pretty quickly as there was an immediate need for a resource on a project. After being contacted by a recruiter, I had a phone interview back to back days with different individuals. The following week I had a dinner with 2 people from the current project i would be assigned to, and two days later I had an offer sent over.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specific technical questions on my area of expertise (SAP Purchasing) that I had not yet encountered at my existing company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Original offer was for 75k and negotiated up to 80k through my recruiter

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I interviewed on campus first with a Hitachi manager. Then the second round consisted of three interviews at the company site. My first round interview contained a brief case as well as one of the second round interviews. Within a week of the second round interview, I received an offer and given two weeks to decide.

Interview Questions

• None of the interview questions were too difficult. One case question was "Create an algorithm to make a Sudoku board". This was challenging but as long as you display a favorable way of thinking and presenting your thoughts in an appropriate amount of time, you will do great, regardless of whether you actually solve the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate salary because the offer was the best I received. I was however able to extend my deadline in order to hear back from another firm.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I met them on campus for a Career Fair. I, then, went to my university career website and applied and was asked for an interview. The process was not too difficult. They held one-on-one interviews on campus. Not many questions were asked, mostly just asking about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on the university job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview for 45 minutes where I went over my resume and cool side projects. Since I came from an engineering background, some questions were about why I wanted to go into consulting. Mostly behavioral questions. The next round was a case question onsite and then a couple interviews onsite as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into consulting? What do you know about Hitachi?   Answer Question

Not that great of a reputation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting process and attended company presentation and social events. I had an interview on campus, which included two one-to-one interviews. The interviews were mostly behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Was offered on campus interview after applying through campus recruiting. An hour and half in total. With two separate people, each for 45 minutes. The first one asked mostly behavioral based questions off a list. The second one asked me to list 2-3 involvements with bullet points for each, then he chose one involvement and asked me more detailed questions pertaining what I did for that position, what technical programs I used etc. You need to know your resume well. Both recruiters are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when your plans have to change due to unexpected circumstances.   Answer Question

Entry Consultant CORE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

1st round interview behavioral
    2nd round is two 45 minute behavioral interviews
    3rd round in on site engaging in tean activities with a couple behavioral interviews and a case

If you are a team player and enjoy working with people then you will do extremely well during these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hear you? What makes you different than everyone else? Why IT Consulting?   Answer Question

The company culture did not appeal to me during the interview process.

Consultant Core Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting process. I did one 30-45min interview on campus with a senior manager. I then went to an all day interview at the Seattle offices where I interviewed with about 4 managers. I was taken out to lunch by 2 current entry level consultants. There was also a group portion where we were divided into small groups and responded to a business scenario to a group of potential "clients." The day was ended by a cocktail reception hour.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Had an On Campus Interview. It was an hour and a half long and I met with two different people. One person was very conversational and knew a lot about the company while the recruiter was very by the book on asking the required questions. Very relaxed and easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked to explain times you worked in a team with someone slacking off   Answer Question