Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.9

260 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair as well as online. The process took 2 weeks and they gave a response one week after the interview. The interviewer was friendly enough but mostly neutral toward everything that was said. They expect you to know all of the questions that will be asked beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest problem you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Consulting Core Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Hitachi Consulting on campus at the University of Illinois. They had an info session after the career fair and two rounds of interviews on campus. I was shocked to find that VP's were at the info session and interviews - very cool! About a week after 2nd round interviews, I was extended an invitation to the office visit in Chicago. The office visit consisted of a hotel stay, team building activity, very nice dinner/drinks, and then interviews at the office the next day. Part of the final round interview, was a group case, which proved to be challenging as you had to come up with explanations for other team members decisions if you didn't talk about it before hand. All in all, they are just looking for good team leaders during the interview process. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. A week after the office visit, I was extended an offer and had maybe 5 people call me over two weeks to see if I had questions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time as team leader when something didn't go as planned. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Started on campus at my university, and eventually led to on site interviews at their Chicago office. Very friendly people, and the culture is amazing. I knew when I was on site for final rounds that I could see myself at Hitachi after graduation. The culture is so key especially in consulting when most people travel. To be able to secure a welcoming culture like that is challenging, and Hitachi nails it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, greatest achievements, challenges faced in groups.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university and was invited for an on campus interview with in a week of submitting my application. I met with a recruiter 1 on 1 for about 30 minutes and talked about my previous experience. I was not asked any typical behavioral questions in this interview.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a lot of typical interview questions. My interviewer basically just had me repeat everything that was on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at the career fair and then had an on campus interview. There were two 45 minute sessions where you are interviewed 1 on 1. Standard behavioral interview, there were no problem solving questions or case studies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the company web page and on carrier page from the school. Received email with invitation within a week from my application. My first interview round was on campus with two senior consultants.

Interview Questions

• I was a student but questions from one of the interviewers were focused on technical skills and previous experience (!).   Answer Question

Core Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very thorough, professional process. Started the process at my university and was invited to second round interviews and from there I was invited to a final round interview at their office location. Met some wonderful people during this process.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Temp to perm through an agency, several phone interviews among the levels inside HCC then an in person interview over the course of two weeks. I first interviewed with the person who held the job currently who wanted to see if I would be a good fit personality wise, and then the person who oversaw HR for the region to discuss background and talents.

Interview Questions

• If I would be satisfied completing menial work, would I be comfortable handling the dishwasher and mail, etc. Very small focus on HR tasks, high focus on admin tasks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

2 personality interviews on campus, followed by 3 in-office interviews to find your fit in the Technical/Functional Consultant space. Mostly looking for a person to person fit and ensuring that you are dedicated to learning and growing at HCC and not moving on after a year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you led a team and how do you normally work within a team setting?   Answer Question

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX).

Interview

HR interview, then a series of technical and non-technical interviews, then final set of "fit" interviews. technical interview questions were medium to difficult, there is some preparation needed to score well