Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Boston, MA) in April 2008.

Interview

I met with Hitachi Consulting’s HR group at a Career Fair at my University. After speaking with the group about my current internship and my interests with Hitachi Consulting, I was asked to interview with the company. The interview process took 3 weeks. I was interviewed on two different occasions. The first interview was a group interview where 8 possible candidates were introduced to Hitachi Consulting. We broke out into sessions and were asked basic interviewing questions such as "Why would you be a good fit for Hitachi Consulting, tell us a little more about your resume and the work that you did at (Blank), etc.". After making it through the first round a few of the candidates were called back for second interviews. In this session we were questioned by 6 different employees. The questions revolved around process flows, project experience, general interest in Hitachi Consulting, prior work experience, etc. The interview process as a whole was relatively painless. The current employees were pleasant, professional, and dedicated to Hitachi.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I did not have the chance to negotiate. I would strongly recommend you negotiate your base salary with Hitachi Consulting. You are expected to work long hours at client sites and the bonus isn’t worth posting. Review the average salaries on this site and aim higher.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2008.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Spoke with a manager, sr manager and vp. Lasted about 3 hours total. Interview with vp was mainly them selling the company, talking about culture, etc. White boarded a few scenarios with sr manager. Fairly standard interview. Not difficult

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really. Initial offer was fair though

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

It was a relatively painless process. There was a consultant to walk me to the interviewer's room. I asked him about some of his work and why he worked at Hitachi. Then I went in for a 1:1 interview with the VP and he asked me a series of behavioral questions. They're mainly trying to get to know you better during the first round. They got back to me in a couple days.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and professional. There was a dinner where we got to meet employees and learn more about the company and then there were couple round of interviews the next day. All the employees were very nice and friendly. There were no tough interview questions. Mostly they are just trying to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit for the company. Definitely one of the best interview experiences!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Two Rounds of Interviews

1st round consisted of 2 30 minutes 1 on 1 interviews--mostly behavioral questions and resume explanation

2nd round consisted of 3 half hour 1 on 1 interviews and a case study

overall a very stress free interview process

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit in this position given you do not have any prior consulting experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the career fair at my university. It took a few weeks to hear back from them since their deadline to submit applications online was a little later. My first interview was a 1:1 interview with a senior manager from the info session the night before. The interview was very conversational and relaxed. A week or so later I heard back that I had been offered to come out for a second interview. The second part of the process was a little different. The first night (night before the interview) there was a dinner at a very nice restaurant with execs and new hires. The dinner was informal but you should still be on your toes during the entire night. Act as if every conversation is a small interview. The day of the interview, we were given a small tour of the floor that Hitachi has in one of the buildings in Dallas. Their area was very nice and modern looking. After the tour, we sat in a meeting room and were fed info about the company and their benefits (which are GREAT)! Then it was time for interviews!!! The first interview was 1:1 and again very conversational. Then there was lunch with new hires. A second interview followed lunch along with a panel discussion and a group case study. The group case study was very relaxed. Just make sure you participate and have fun. Overall, it was a great experience! I loved it! The people were GREAT!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried negotiating my salary to start and that was declined to keep the consistency amongst the new hires. If I were you, I would try anyway. I then negotiated for relocation/signing bonus and it was accepted. The lady I negotiated with was very nice and REALLY excited that I liked the company and that I was accepting. My advice....NEGOTIATE!

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2011.

Interview

I applied through school's job board. Couple of days later, I was invited to on-campus interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process occurred on campus and was 1/2 hour long. All of the questions were very basic. Things like "describe a time you worked in team and there was an issue that arose". Pretty much the standard questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The company contacted me for a first-round interview, and was very flexible when I asked to reschedule the initial set time. The consultant who interviewed me was very friendly, and all the questions were behavioral - no case interviews at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Received an offer from a more prestigious company

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

been a long time; do not remember much

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they did not negotiated much on designation but did on salary for a lac Rs