Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Kolkata (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Aptitude. Reasoning and English .. Those who selected went for the technical round then hr round ... After two days got the call letter . It was gd experience for me .. This was on campus. Glad to be selected. Total students were451 37 selected finally.. Good good good.
    This is what I can say.....good luck all

Interview Questions

• C program for factorial of a number
      Dbms features
      Sql queries
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chandigarh (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

it was off campus interview....there were applied around 300 students...first round was written than gd round than technical than hr round...written was very difficult they asked 110 question in 105 minutes and there were negative markig.....for right answer +1 marks and for wrong answer -2...so if u qualify first round than it will be easy to qualify other rounds...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vijayawada (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Vijayawada (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called for interview at off campus.
    3 rounds of Interiew
    1.Written Test
    2.Group Discussion
    3.Technical Intervew

1500 attended for Written 110 selected
    28 selected after GD
    4 selected after TR

Technical Interview was quite typical and test all your Skills.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Panipat (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

online test, mostly questions were realted to hadoop in online test, and lots of maths questions which were easy. but only who knows hadoop or big data could clear the online test. some sql queries with moderate difficulty level and some data strucutre related questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Samalkha, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Samalkha, Haryana (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

There was an aptitude plus technical test initially in which the company shortlisted 74 on 2500 candidates. The scoring was +1 and -2. The aptitude part was pretty easy while the technical part was based more on java 8 and a bit of sql, hadoop, C++. there were 110 questions to be attempted in 105 min.

After that, there came the GD round. There were groups of 10-11 people. 3-4 candidates were selected from each group. The GD was based on case studies and was quite interesting.

After Gd, the final round was technical round. Interview for some went on for 30 min and others it ended in either 15 or 5-7 min. It was basically HR + Technical round. The questions were purely based on what you have put in your resume.

In all, i would rate the interview as an easy one but only 5 were selected on 35 candidates from GD.

Interview Questions

• Why did .Net come into existence?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Total three round have been taken
    Two was technical round related to my technology middle-ware.
    And one general, mostly related to personal thing.
    Rest discussion like salary hike was on HR round.

Interview Questions

• why you are not stable at one location   1 Answer

IT Consultant/Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Patiala (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was pool campus placement drive in Chitkara.

Round 1 : Technical and Aptitude MCQ questions. Total time was 105 mins for 110 questions. +1 for correct answer and -2 for incorrect answer.
    Aptitude questions were mixed from all the sections like verbal, logical, quant, critical and surprisingly some of the questions from hadoop was also in this section etc, there were total 60 questions from this section.
    Technical questions were consist of mostly JAVA, C++, SQL etc
    after this round 51 students were shortlisted from 1500+ students

Round 2: GD round
    In this round 51 students were divided in 4 groups of 13,13,13,12 members group. GD was based on situation where you have to take decision based on the data provided to your group with valid reasons.
    24 were shortlisted from this round.

Round 3: Interviews (Technical and HR)
    Basics questions in technical from one of your favorite subjects.

Interview Questions

• What is the one main feature of C++ that is most important ?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

first round aptitude +1 and -2. second was gd previous year gd topics situation based. just mark ur presence . they select anyone speaking non sense too.but just speak. after that pi (tech.+hr) weird interviews. i dont like the process at all. and be ready it takes too long .

Interview Questions

• tell me a mistake you commit in past 6 months   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process took for 2 months and I had 4 interviews! 2 phone interviews with HR & Hiring Manager (separately) + 2 face-to-face interviews with VP and Director

Interview Questions

• - Project management questions (How do you manage a project?)
      - Excel questions (vLookup and pivot table)
      - Presentation questions (How do you make a speech?)
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two recruiters on at my college campus. After a few day I was called for an on site interview. I was interviewed by three separate interviewers each lasting about half an hour. Most of which were quite positive. Most questions were based around personality and work environment. No technical questions beyond the basics of computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of polymorphism in object oriented programming.   Answer Question