Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2008.

Interview

Interview was very well organized. The recruiter and recruiting team have a well-run process which includes a phone interview, then several 1:1 meetings with various levels of the consultancy (manager to VP). It also has case studies to test your knowledge. Hitachi also does a lot of behavioral interviewing. Very very well run!

Interview Questions

• Part of external consultancy includes proposing new projects/selling? Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were quick and reasonable. Able to negotiate sign-on bonus.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

4-6 rounds of interviews with consultants and HR members then a team case study. Questions are primarily focused around your resume and relevant experience. The team case study is important to let yourself stand out while interviewees take notes on how you perform and interact with the team.

Interview Questions

• The case was regarding a merger between two companies with the question focusing on what steps you would recommend to the company for a swift integration with various facts, stats and descriptions of department roles given to you.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Panipat (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

First round: Aptitude and Technical Online exam. Question Levels: Easy to Moderate.
    Technologies in Technical Exam: Java, SQL, C, C++, Hadoop and other NoSQL Databases.

Second Round: Group Discussion + HR. Case study based Group Discussion. They give 10-12 minutes to brain storm individually and then start the discussion. They notice everything from Body language, etiquettes, precision, thought process. Basically, a complete analysis of you as a person and a team member. We didn't have an HR Interview separately.

Third Round: Technical Interview. They will ask puzzles and simple coding questions. Interview is pretty straight forward and easy. Not complicated at all.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panipat (India)

Application

Interview

First Round was Aptitude and Technical quiz which consisted of 110 questions (60 apti and 50 technical) with the time limit of 105 minutes.The next day I got the mail that I have qualified for the next round which was scheduled 3 days later.
    Second Round was GD based on a case study.
    Third was technical interview which took place after 7-10 days.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Clear process, but took awhile to hear. I had multiple interviews and everyone was very friendly and open. Pretty simple questions, felt pretty confident. I had a phone and in person interviews.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2016.

Interview

Interview Process took 2+ months and consisted of phone interviews/conversations/ and the final in-person interview with the VP. All of which were very laid back. They had already seen that I was qualified from my resume and employee referral, but what was important was the company culture fit. Everyone's interview experience is different, but be prepared for a not so fast turn around in getting hired and working here.

I had phone interviews with two project managers, and then I had a one hour phone-test assessment, that asked me about previous employee experiences, how I react in conflict situations, and top three things I am proud of accomplishing thus far (career or personal).

After two months of back and forth, silence, and then contact, I was offered and accepted the position two weeks after meeting the VP.

Interview Questions

• How has your past previous employee experiences prepared you for the role in which you are applying for?   1 Answer

Senior UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2017.

Interview

First round of interview was technical and it was good. Then next they took around 5 rounds randomly. Their HR will call suddenly and will ask someone X want to speak. I cleared all the rounds and HR told they will release offer soon as they are waiting for approval. Next day he told its been approved by india head and some other formalities are remaining and they will release the offer soon. Next day i called but he didn't replied and suddenly he called evening and asking for some skype round. Then they told they will release the offer and let me know. Then i call many times there were no response. I had two more offers and i clearly told them they need to clear the things fast. They didn't responded and i joined other company which is a product based.

After someday that HR called me again and asking for joining Hitachi. I asked where he was these many days and he is very care less. I heard many things before about Hitachi and their culture. You can even find here so much bad about the company, their own employees are complaining about management. This HR proved infront of me. I will never suggest anyone to join this kind of company who don't bother about persons.

Opportunities never wait for anyone.

Core Consultant Interview

Interview

First round will be a phone screening process with Hr. Next round is an in-person interview with 2 managers and Vice-President. Questions asked were primarily how you handled various tasks and projects.

Negative experience because if you're going to have 3 different heads of leadership interview candidates, they should really all be on the same page with each other; two were emphasizing a lot on work/life balance and how your work experience can be utilized in this position. The other manager spoke heavily about there being no work/life balance and questioned what value someone would have if their experiences don't stem from the tech sector.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Three Interviews: Telephone, Critical Behaviour and Technical Interview and finally a HiFit interview (final stage).
    Critical Behaviour: 3 examples of how you have had a challenging experience, achievement or done something well that can be used at Hitachi. This was repeated with 2 different employees.
    Technical: They will look at your CV or ask about your dissertation.
    HiFit: Simply going through my CV and discussing why I wanted to work for Hitachi and in what sector.

Cons - I am still waiting for my travel expenses which had been promised to me 4 months down the line.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I was called based on a JobShop in Lisbo, and the process was based on Interviews of what have I done until now, they were very opened to questions, and had 3 interviews so far.