Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through school job board, got a first round with a Director a week later. The interviewer was very easy going and personable. I was asked a lot of personal and behavioral questions. The interview seemed to go well, and it was overall a very relaxing experience. I had the interview three days ago and I am still waiting to hear back from Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Questions

• If a genie can grant you any job you wanted, what would it be? Do NOT tell me you want to be a consultant.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Behavioral Interview Questions on campus. Sat with both an alumni and a current architect. Extremely straight forward. Expand on your resume tell me more about this experience. They asked a lot about leadership and project management. Very nice experience and very easy interview. Most difficult question was how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?

Interview Questions

• how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submit a resume at school's career fair and have an on campus interview. The recruiter is very nice and the conversation is kinda casual. Most questions are classic behavioral questions, and they also ask you very basic ER database questions. It last about 45 mins. I didn't receive the next round interview though, probably my knowledge to consultant business is very limited

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed.

They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

Interview

All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring proocess was good, well co-ordinated and well communicated.
    Interview process was just ok, person interview had less knowledge and experience than me. He could not ask questions based on my exp.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Got into the interview process through campus recruitment. They were very friendly and laid-back. The first round was a mixture of conversation and behavioral questions, trying to get to know me. The second round consisted of in-office interviews with three managers with breaks to mingle with the staff. Lunch was provided afterwards. Overall, the staff and company were great and down-to-earth.

Interview Questions

• Throughout all your college experience, what was the most meaningful?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Questions

• Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.