Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with the company at a career fair, I applied on line through my university's web site they required a resume and a cover letter, then i had an on campus interview with a recruiter, then i was brought into the office for three on site interviews and a lunch

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a team member and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Hiring and Interview was normal

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions just same as any normal Interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate Salary

Manager Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Was a pretty lengthy process. After the initial interviews, did not hear anything for a couple of months and then things moved forward again. Turns out, they were waiting for the projects to lined up before proceeding.

Dallas is the main hub, so after the phone screens, you are asked to come down to Dallas to meet the crew for another round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a product design environment, how do you think you feel about consulting   Answer Question
    • Talk about an instance when you missed deadlines and how did you handle the scenario   Answer Question

SharePoint Consultant Interview

Interview

1) I was invited by a recruiter to apply for a SharePoint consultant position based on their Dallas office.
    2) I had one technical interview with a "Senior Architect", I was really surprised that some of the questions... were based on wrong technical decisions!!.
    3) I had one interview with a manager.
    4) Their recruiter called me to notify me that they will move with an offer after the onsite interview.
    4) Onsite interview: They made me go to a coffee shop because they couldn't meet me at their office... first i was interviewed by a VP who was on the customer site...during one hour.. then by a director... it was very awkard that during the interview one of their clients entered the coffee shop and we had to move to a different table...

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
    2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
    3. Selected for on-campus interview
    4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
    5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. I felt like they were looking for people with more technical skills/background. My major was in Economics so I didn't have any background in programming/databases and I think it definitely showed during the interview. Waiting to hear back. I was told I would hear back within the next few days whether or not I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is a major challenge/obstacle that you have overcame?
      2) Company X is a mortgage company. Currently it takes them 3 weeks to authorize a loan, while the industry standard is only week. How would you go about assessing the situation/going about finding a solution? (wasn't really a case question, just wanted to know how I would approach a problem).
      3) How much experience have you had with excel?
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Hitachi Consulting was recruiting new graduates on my university campus. I talked to about four or five different representatives at a job fair, an information session, and my interview. I really liked all of the people that I met and thought that I would enjoy working with them.

The interviewer started with the standard "tell me about yourself" and then asked several standard behavioral interview questions. The two questions that I remember most clearly were:

"Tell me about a time when you had to deal with complaints."
    "Tell me about a time when you worked in a supporting role."

Interview Questions

• The interviewer handed me my resume and asked me to write an algorithm on the back of it for selecting all even elements from the Fibonacci sequence.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.

Interview Questions

• The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Got into the interview process through campus recruitment. They were very friendly and laid-back. The first round was a mixture of conversation and behavioral questions, trying to get to know me. The second round consisted of in-office interviews with three managers with breaks to mingle with the staff. Lunch was provided afterwards. Overall, the staff and company were great and down-to-earth.

Interview Questions

• Throughout all your college experience, what was the most meaningful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?
      Answer Question