Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Had an On Campus Interview. It was an hour and a half long and I met with two different people. One person was very conversational and knew a lot about the company while the recruiter was very by the book on asking the required questions. Very relaxed and easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked to explain times you worked in a team with someone slacking off   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my university and was subsequently contacted for an interview. I had an in-person interview that took approximately 80 minutes and had two parts. The initial part was business-centric, during which the interviewer and I discusses Hitachi Consulting itself and the work done there.

The second interview was a personality/attitude interview during which the interviewer asked me to simply discuss my CV from bottom to top. Not to because it was unclear, but as a speaking and conversational exercise. He then asked me to recant times when I'd had trouble with team members and how I resolved them.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

Met at Campus Career fair. Greeter was incredible and immediately got me interested.

Applied on school career portal, was notified that I was accepted to first round interviews.
    Invited to drinks with all interviewers the night before interviews- casual but clearly important to see how well we fit with other applicants and current employees.

First round interview was 2 seperate people, 45 mins each, all behavioral as expected.
    Second round was brutal- partially because my interviewer was really tough and asked 3-4 brain teasers, and tried to throw me multiple times. Probably hardest non full case interview I've ever had. Walked out thinking I wouldn't be getting a call back, but got a personal email from my interviewer saying he was happy I made it through his tough questions and he was excited to invite me to final rounds.

Final rounds were awesome, all other applicants were so ambitious and friendly- I wanted all of us to get hired together.. the two day final interview process included a team building exercise, dinner, drinks, and and a day full of case interviews (group case to see how well you can work together without trying to show off), presentations, and meetings with VP's.

Every thing about the process made me want to be part of the company, because they went out of their way to show you how important cultural fit was to the firm- and how awesome it would be to work with other hitachi consultants.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, brain teasers (ping pong balls in room), harvard business case (group case question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Champaign, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

In person interview on campus with 2 different people, one consultant and one HR person. Relatively friendly but asked about business knowledge and specific examples. Interviewed a lot of students for the positions.

Senior Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and outgoing. Courteous and timely. Properly scheduled and good gaps between multiple interviews. I was called on and properly discussed my future plans and goals. I was also allowed to ask questions. I met with two VPs and was excited to understand the roles and what they had to offer.

Overall Experience was good.

Interview Questions

• 1. Quite Technical
      2. Problems and Analysis questions
      3. Design review   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I didnt ask much and there wasnt any haggling.

Manager Interview

Interview

I had 5 interviews over the course of about a month. 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person. Each interview focused on prior experience but also ideas on how my previous experience could help solve business problems. My hiring manager was very honest about what I should expect (the good and bad).

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was all very practical and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, the offer they gave was what I asked to receive.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

The hiring process was very intense. I had 6 years of prior IT experience. My recuirter was constantly in touch with me during the entire process. I had to go through 3 technical interviews on the phone after an initial HR interview. Each interview had a time gap of 2 weeks and the interview happened only on fridays. All phone interviews were mostly technical based on my prior experience. The questions were based on real time scenarios. After I had cleared the 3 rounds of phone interview, they had asked me to come down for a face to face interview to their Atlanta office. All expenses were paid. I met a senior manager at their office who was available all day to help me. They also took me out for lunch with a vice president. I had another 4 interviews scheduled on the same day. Most of it was technical.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions were based on prior experience. They would read line by line of the resume and ask for what was the exact process we followed and what was my role. Most Difficult: If you had a chance to tell the product owner of a tool some suggestions on the tool - what would they be?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

After submitting your resume online, there would be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview, the 1st round phone interview was with the manager of the department and another phone interview was with senior architect.within the team. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and some IT-related terms and solutions.

Interview Questions

• Generally speaking, the interview questions were just the typical behavioral questions and some IT consulting concepts. It was not difficult to prepare for the interviews.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2014.

Interview

One-to-one interview, interviewer was a new consultant. The interview was basic behavioral questions, such as "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to be hired?" The interview lasted for an hour, had only a few minutes to ask questions.