Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions in Irvine, CA

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two recruiters on at my college campus. After a few day I was called for an on site interview. I was interviewed by three separate interviewers each lasting about half an hour. Most of which were quite positive. Most questions were based around personality and work environment. No technical questions beyond the basics of computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of polymorphism in object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for Hitachi?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview was conducted by phone from a HR recruiter, then a second technical interview by phone
    from a Java architect. After that I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interviews consist of 3 sessions, the first session with a manager who introduced herself as an architect,
    the second with a senior manager and the final was with a director. The first 2 sessions were technical
    and project experience interview and I did well. The last one was with the director, he is a politician,
    his questions are "what's your career goal ?", "what would u envision yourself in five years?"... and when I
    did not respond straightly to the question ("Would u be willing to sacrifice your time for the job ?" -implying overtime without getting paid) he was obviously annoyed, he then told me that clients do not pay for the travel (meaning you would not get paid either), I did not respond to him, and then he said the new graduate are willing to take the job, willing to put more for less, at that moment I knew I was not going to get the job....

Interview Questions

• What would u envision yourself in 5 years ?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to put more for less   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Hitachi brought in about 25 students from various schools to interview for the tactical and business positions. Interviews were simple-- mainly just talking about yourself and your interests to 4 VPs. They were draining because they were back to back interviews and then a lunch with current employees afterward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Very comfortable interview process. Interview with one director, two senior managers, and the VP.

Mostly behavioral questions; senior managers may ask more technical or analytical questions.

After the interview, they treat you to a lunch with current associates.

Overall, an enjoyable process. Too bad I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me a detailed recommendation that you would give your previous employer to improve their overall business process.   Answer Question