Hitachi Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

First, I was screened by a recruiter to discuss benefits and logistics of the position - they needed to confirm that I was comfortable taking a position that required 100% travel. After that, I had one phone call screening with would-be peer, one in-person interview with a manager, and one in-person interview with a local Vice President.

Interview Questions

• First two interviews focused on technical skills and went smoothly. Last interview focused on consulting skills, which I was very weak on.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview

Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions

• The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

technical round, managerial round and HR. Sometimes client interview is also there.
    Technical round will be tough and you have to negotiate well in the HR round. However they pay more then market value. You have to ask for joining bonus and relocation charges.
    Telephonic round may start with a telephonic round.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Typical consulting interview. Pre-screen, techincal interview, face to face interview. Good questions that truly test your knowledge and personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2008.

Interview

Pretty fair on campus interview and then an office interview loop. Before we did the loop, we were invited into their office to meet others and do a group activity/case 'test' with a mix of students.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really questions each time. Some interviews were different and felt more like a discussion and I got to ask a bunch of questions as well.   Answer Question
    • They will do a case interview during the 1:1 time - there's no way to 'answer' the question really. Do your best and it did seem like they wanted me to explain how I was thinking about the case and how I saw the problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but the offers were pretty firm.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a month or two later from a national recruiter. The initial conversation consisted of questions like, "Why do you want to leave?" "What are you asking for in terms of salary?" The online application requires that you put your current salary down, so they already know that. At the end of the conversation, they asked me if I was interested in moving forward for what they have going on. After I replied 'yes', they set me up with a PM for a phone interview the next day. The scheduling happened the same night of the first call from that afternoon.

The phone interview started off as a casual conversation, and that PM seemed very sharp. He let me go through my resume and tell him about my experiences, and he would just listen. Occassionally, he would just ask me something to follow up more in-depth with what I just told him. It caught me off-guard a few times. Some of the questions were pretty industry-specific and technical. Then it takes about a week for that PM and the recruiter to debrief and get details on an office visit. Scheduling the office visit took the longest. They needed to schedule it on Fridays because most people were travelling Mon-Thurs. They also have to make sure the key people were in the office (PM / Director / VP). This process took a little over 2 weeks.

My on-site interview was with a PM and a VP. We pretty much just came into the office, interviewed, and left. We were not really shown around the office or introduced to anyone else who was working there. This could be due to the fact that there were back-to-back interviews that Friday. In this interview, they dig into your knowledge a little bit more. It was more behavior than technical, but again, they do tend to ask questions in the middle of the conversation. It is probably a good idea to not answer right away, but let it sink in and keep your composure. I had one very sweet lady and one rude guy. Not sure if this was intended for "good-cop bad-cop" effects. The debrief between these individuals and the recruiter took about a little bit over a week.

The next step is for the senior management of that practice to get together on a phone call to discuss the candidates and make recommendations for them. The speed of this process just depends on how fast they can all schedule that call. If you are chosen to carve out an offer for, the approval process is quick.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about Revenue Recognition?   1 Answer
    • Can you give me an example of a time when you were tasked with something that you had no idea how to do? How did you go about obtaining the skills to accomplish this task?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of a client's requirement, and how you came up with the design to satisfy that requirement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not make it easy to negotiate. In the first conversation, we had spoke of a number. This was my minimum figure that I would consider to even leave my current job. I guess it was my mistake to disclose the truth, because the recruiter got the impression that that number was what I wanted.

The way it works: The hiring is nationalized and after they make a decision on you, it goes through an approval process. If you wanted to negotiate anything, they would have to re-submit your application through that process again.

I guess it was fair. They would have probably lost me if I had another recognizable firm that gave me just 2-3% more.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

2 technical rounds and 1 HR. Background verification process was very intensive. First round was over phone. Second round they called me to office. Interview was again over VoIP phone. went well.

Interview Questions

• About MSBI Tools. Which data modelling techniques did you use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Total three round have been taken
    Two was technical round related to my technology middle-ware.
    And one general, mostly related to personal thing.
    Rest discussion like salary hike was on HR round.

Interview Questions

• why you are not stable at one location   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Very organized interview pattern. Applied online through a job portal and got call after couple of days. There were 4 rounds on total of which all were technical. The first round was technical followed by the other three rounds face to face.More questions on process improvement and implementation Very few questions asked on technical grounds.Extremely professional behavior. The average time spent on each interview is around 45mins to 1 hr.