Hitachi Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

3.2

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

2 technical rounds and 1 HR. Background verification process was very intensive. First round was over phone. Second round they called me to office. Interview was again over VoIP phone. went well.

Interview Questions

• About MSBI Tools. Which data modelling techniques did you use?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Total three round have been taken
    Two was technical round related to my technology middle-ware.
    And one general, mostly related to personal thing.
    Rest discussion like salary hike was on HR round.

Interview Questions

• why you are not stable at one location   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Very organized interview pattern. Applied online through a job portal and got call after couple of days. There were 4 rounds on total of which all were technical. The first round was technical followed by the other three rounds face to face.More questions on process improvement and implementation Very few questions asked on technical grounds.Extremely professional behavior. The average time spent on each interview is around 45mins to 1 hr.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

First, I was screened by a recruiter to discuss benefits and logistics of the position - they needed to confirm that I was comfortable taking a position that required 100% travel. After that, I had one phone call screening with would-be peer, one in-person interview with a manager, and one in-person interview with a local Vice President.

Interview Questions

• First two interviews focused on technical skills and went smoothly. Last interview focused on consulting skills, which I was very weak on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Waltham, MA).

Interview

My hiring process went pretty quickly as there was an immediate need for a resource on a project. After being contacted by a recruiter, I had a phone interview back to back days with different individuals. The following week I had a dinner with 2 people from the current project i would be assigned to, and two days later I had an offer sent over.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specific technical questions on my area of expertise (SAP Purchasing) that I had not yet encountered at my existing company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Original offer was for 75k and negotiated up to 80k through my recruiter

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)).

Interview

Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

Negotiation

They agreed.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring proocess was good, well co-ordinated and well communicated.
    Interview process was just ok, person interview had less knowledge and experience than me. He could not ask questions based on my exp.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview

Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Salary

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions

• The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   1 Answer