Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through University Recruiting. The overall theme in this whole process is that the office is very involved. I must have interacted with at least 25 employees during the entire office, but there are many more than that involved. They want you to have good answers to "Why Hitachi" and "Why Consulting." The process moves extremely quickly compared to other places I've interviewed with.

Stage 1 - Info session at school. Attended by VP of local office, a few alumni/new hires.
    Stage 2 - On campus interview, either 1 or 2 interviews that are 45 minutes long. Depends on what your school and Hitachi decide on. The goal of this interview is to determine if you can articulate why you want to be a consultant, and why specifically at Hitachi. They leave at least 15 minutes for questions at the end, so come prepared to ask and talk for at least that long.

Stage 3 - Final Round, On Campus
    This is a two-day event generally. The way it runs may depend on the office.
    Day 1 - Started in the afternoon with a group case. We did not get to see the case before, and it was a generic HBR case focused on understanding how you work in teams and how you think. Other offices do this part different, with some giving the case before you arrive. Either way your group must provide at least 1 solution (2-3 preferred), and you will be asked questions. It is important not to always agree with the questioner, pushing back is fine if it is supported by evidence.

After the case there's happy hour with recruiters and staff. This is where you can mingle with employees. If some approach you out of the blue, there's a strong chance that you'll be interviewing with them the next day.

Day 2 - Interview + Meal
    This consists of 3 interviews that are 45 minutes long. It includes 1-2 behavioral interviews, and a "technical" interview. If you're from a tech background expect tech questions, and if not, it'll be more case-like.

At some point, you and a group of interviewees and a group of Hitachi employees will go out for lunch/dinner.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   1 Answer
    • Why Hitachi?   Answer Question
    • What are some things about being a consultant that will challenge you, and what are some things that you will never like?   1 Answer
    • Pick three of your accomplishments and talk me through them   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a group member who didn't perform   Answer Question
    • Other standard behaviorals   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting salaries are pretty non-negotiable. They give you a very short time to consider the offer. If you don't accept after a few days, you may start getting calls from people you interviewed with expressing how excited they are to have you on the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair as well as online. The process took 2 weeks and they gave a response one week after the interview. The interviewer was friendly enough but mostly neutral toward everything that was said. They expect you to know all of the questions that will be asked beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest problem you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university and was invited for an on campus interview with in a week of submitting my application. I met with a recruiter 1 on 1 for about 30 minutes and talked about my previous experience. I was not asked any typical behavioral questions in this interview.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a lot of typical interview questions. My interviewer basically just had me repeat everything that was on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1 on campus interview (behavioral)
    5 in office interview
    - 1st was behavioral w/ a VP
    - 2nd was a case interview (super easy short cases w/ zero calculations)
    - 3rd was a group case
    - 4th was an interview to assess if i was technical or not
    - 5th was another behavioral but more focused on situational stuff (tell me a time when you...)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process took for 2 months and I had 4 interviews! 2 phone interviews with HR & Hiring Manager (separately) + 2 face-to-face interviews with VP and Director

Interview Questions

• - Project management questions (How do you manage a project?)
      - Excel questions (vLookup and pivot table)
      - Presentation questions (How do you make a speech?)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on the university job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview for 45 minutes where I went over my resume and cool side projects. Since I came from an engineering background, some questions were about why I wanted to go into consulting. Mostly behavioral questions. The next round was a case question onsite and then a couple interviews onsite as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into consulting? What do you know about Hitachi?   Answer Question

Not that great of a reputation

Consultant Core Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting process. I did one 30-45min interview on campus with a senior manager. I then went to an all day interview at the Seattle offices where I interviewed with about 4 managers. I was taken out to lunch by 2 current entry level consultants. There was also a group portion where we were divided into small groups and responded to a business scenario to a group of potential "clients." The day was ended by a cocktail reception hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview followed by a second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a full day. The morning session consisted of multiple behavioral interviews with management as well as a case interview. The case interview was more strategic and less financially based. The night session was a team case question followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Question about solving a business problems with pirating of their content. Whether it was worth it to pursue lawsuits, send letters, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process occurred on campus and was 1/2 hour long. All of the questions were very basic. Things like "describe a time you worked in team and there was an issue that arose". Pretty much the standard questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

First, I was screened by a recruiter to discuss benefits and logistics of the position - they needed to confirm that I was comfortable taking a position that required 100% travel. After that, I had one phone call screening with would-be peer, one in-person interview with a manager, and one in-person interview with a local Vice President.

Interview Questions

• First two interviews focused on technical skills and went smoothly. Last interview focused on consulting skills, which I was very weak on.   1 Answer