Hobbico Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobbico Interview Questions

2.2

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hobbico (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The in-person interview process was rather informal and relaxed, and did not follow the typical behavioral question format that most other companies religiously adhere to. This was a welcome relief, as it is usually difficult to get a good read of the position in those situations. Instead, I was able to discuss the position at length with a manager and an employee, and both offered detailed and helpful answers to each of my questions. By the end, I was able to get a solid understanding of how the team operated and what responsibilities the position entailed.

This was one of the better in-person interview experiences that I've had, but unfortunately I never heard back from anyone after the interview. Numerous emails went unanswered and I eventually moved on to other opportunities.

I would've rated this as a positive experience, but I felt it was a bit unprofessional that they ignored all attempts to contact them after the interview. I understand if I was not the right candidate for the position, but a simple form email or short response indicating that I was no longer being considered would have been greatly appreciated instead of silence.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on experience and background, and none were particularly challenging.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hobbico.

Interview

I had to contact them a few times after I submitted my application to check the status. From interview to hire was about one month. The interviewer seemed very distant, aloof and did not seem to take notes. Perhaps this was a well dressed formality.

Interview Questions

• The questions were few and not very challenging. Basic idea was to feel out the interviewee and it felt a bit cold. The most difficult question: Do you have a hobby or will you be into "the Hobby" at any point?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, everything was described as fixed and usual.

Graphic Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobbico in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with an HR manager first who was very disinterested in me as a potential employee but simply wanted me to reiterate facts that were already disclosed on my resume. Quite standard questions. I was asked to describe every job I'd held that was listed on my application. The interview with the manager of the department where I would potentially be working was actually the best interview I'd ever been through. The manager was pleasant, articulate, relaxed, thorough and she complimented my personality and portfolio.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected, but the question about where you see yourself in 5 years.   2 Answers

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobbico (Champaign, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

They had you call internally to a manager and made sure you offered add on sales. They wanted to make sure that you were capable of phone work and telephone calls It felt like you were a debt collector sometimes by how many calls you get. Sometimes a call center fell like all the time

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work here?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobbico (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial HR Screen. Then by 2 individuals I would be supporting. Discussion of job duties. They were interested in how I would do dealing with remote offices, with significant email and phone communication, as the parent corporation is in Champaign, IL. Very straight forward interview.

Picker/Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobbico (Champaign, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

I had two interviews and the first one was alright , the person interviewing me was rude and had a rude disposition about her!! but they asked all the normal questions of your strong points and your weak areas.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

do you think this is something you could do? was the question i was asked