Hobby Lobby Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Edmond, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

It was fast it was in an open atmosphere not in an office it was friendly it was skilled test it had a math test the interview was a at a hotel filled out forms waited for an interview at location

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Normal question why u want to work for company, explain back ground, ordering inventory, need someone that will work freight not so much managing store. Flexible schedule willing to work different hrs. Do you homework and know about company and what products company owns that they sell inside of store they make their own candles and you will have to learn how to do all the jobs in the store like a good managers would know how to do. How would you handle conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

Received better offer but good starting pay for the job

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Phone interview, In person interview with HR, In person interview with specific store management

Interview Questions

• Interviewer showed a list of characteristics-many of which were Christian based and asked which were the 5 that I displayed the most in my life and the 5 that I least displayed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The wage was preset.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Very brief, did not asked many questions about managing a team. Needed to be more descriptive on what the job is about & that there is no place for promotion......,,,,,

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. It was set

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Aurora, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Hired on the spot while shopping in the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Dallas, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewer said he had many applicants ,immediately berated my experience and said he was eliminating the extra applicants .... the entire four minute process uncomfortable due to his advesarial approach.
    My opinion of the company changed immediately from favorable to very unfavorable- if you treat people poorly before they go to work for you..why would things change after you were hired?

Interview Questions

• What kind of hours did you work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Valdosta, GA) in September 2009.

Interview

Quite lengthy and method based. The mere quantity of applicants in this price/experience range apparantley forces them to use a screening process that is quite impersonal.

Interview Questions

• Are you accustomed to following procedure or company policy?   1 Answer

I was looking for more creative freedom where a person with self motivated inititave can stand out. They are in search of young impressionable minds who follow established structures.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2011.

Interview

One on one interview took 2 hours

Interview Questions

• What was something you did at work you are most proud of?   1 Answer