Hobby Lobby Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.1

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Applied online. Then got called in for a interview with a general interview person. Week later, got called in to interview with the manager of the store i was applying to. A few days later I was called that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went smoothly. The manager that hired me was very friendly and made me feel welcomed. The pay rate is average, more than minimum wage so I could work with that.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in applying for hobby lobby? How were you referred to this position? What makes you qualified for this position? Is this salary ok with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Pocatello, ID) in August 2016.

Interview

A new store was opening in my town and they had a hiring event where they interviewed over 900 people. The first day you walked in, took the application papers and a number. The number told you when to come back for the interview. You filled out the paperwork and brought it back the day of the interview. We met at a local hotel boardroom. There were about 5 managers interviewing people 5 at a time. It took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty basic, questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, how would you handle an upset customer, what makes you want to work for us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Sanford, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Was in the classroom in the back, took a math test (only have to get 8 out of 16 right to pass) asked a few questions but due to me not having a job before the co manager had to put me in theoritical situations and that was somewhat hard to answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hixson, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Hixson, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

it was it was fairly straightforward they took me to the classroom and had me do a math test that had 16 problems ranging from addition multiplication subtraction calculating discounts and calculating sales tax. the rest was just a generic interview read from a piece of paper like what do you expect from Hobby Lobby, why do you want to work for us, what are your strengths, what is something you would like to improve upon, have you ever been convicted of a felony, are you currently employed.

Interview Questions

• what do you expect from Hobby Lobby   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Logan, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Store manager was thorough and easy to talk to. He went through the normal interview questions. Very laid back and made me comfortable. Went over fast to day operations and what the responsibilities as a cashier would be.

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Chula Vista, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Hiring Fair - Received a number and was given an application, had a personal interview where the job description was not truthfully disclosed, took a math test, employment was offered on the same day

Interview Questions

• Was I available daily for the next 22 days without exception   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

General/basic questions: Why should I hire you? Strengths/Weaknesses? etc. Followed by a little above average math test involving percentages. (They'll put you in the classroom alone so my advice is to sneak your phone calculator, all current employees did). No drug test. As long as you dress nice, have a personality, and hide your calculator you should have the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unless you're in high school or college, there will be no negotiation for hours. Pay is set.

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Rockford, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview went well, the manager was super nice (though once I worked for him I can see now he was super fake), basic questions, there was a math quiz with basic stuff but you may want to brush up on your math skills before (yes you're graded), got a quick history lesson on the company and he gave me a tour of the store.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Birmingham, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a joke. After turning in an application a week for a month, and talking to a manager, I finally was called. The interview was laughable at how easy it was, I've had more intensive customer service questions at minimal wage jobs. The manager hired me before calling my references or giving me the math test.