Hobby Lobby Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.1

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Milliken, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Milliken, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Had one interview and was offered the job immediately at the end of the interview. The math test was simple: addition, percent adding and percent configuration. It was a one on one interview which was less intimidating. The questions were pretty standard and I think it’s mostly a personality test but don’t get me wrong, they definitely want to know about your work ethic and past experiences.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

It was a short interview. I was only asked a few questions: one of which was why I wanted to work at Hobby Lobby and another one was if I was crafty.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hobby Lobby?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Applied online. Then got called in for a interview with a general interview person. Week later, got called in to interview with the manager of the store i was applying to. A few days later I was called that I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went smoothly. The manager that hired me was very friendly and made me feel welcomed. The pay rate is average, more than minimum wage so I could work with that.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in applying for hobby lobby? How were you referred to this position? What makes you qualified for this position? Is this salary ok with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Oshkosh, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager brought me to the room the interviews were held in, and asked me many of the basic questions you expect in an interview. She was very kind and smiled a lot so it eased any nerves I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Pocatello, ID) in August 2016.

Interview

A new store was opening in my town and they had a hiring event where they interviewed over 900 people. The first day you walked in, took the application papers and a number. The number told you when to come back for the interview. You filled out the paperwork and brought it back the day of the interview. We met at a local hotel boardroom. There were about 5 managers interviewing people 5 at a time. It took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty basic, questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, how would you handle an upset customer, what makes you want to work for us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Sanford, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Was in the classroom in the back, took a math test (only have to get 8 out of 16 right to pass) asked a few questions but due to me not having a job before the co manager had to put me in theoritical situations and that was somewhat hard to answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hixson, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Hixson, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

it was it was fairly straightforward they took me to the classroom and had me do a math test that had 16 problems ranging from addition multiplication subtraction calculating discounts and calculating sales tax. the rest was just a generic interview read from a piece of paper like what do you expect from Hobby Lobby, why do you want to work for us, what are your strengths, what is something you would like to improve upon, have you ever been convicted of a felony, are you currently employed.

Interview Questions

• what do you expect from Hobby Lobby   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Logan, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Store manager was thorough and easy to talk to. He went through the normal interview questions. Very laid back and made me comfortable. Went over fast to day operations and what the responsibilities as a cashier would be.

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Chula Vista, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Hiring Fair - Received a number and was given an application, had a personal interview where the job description was not truthfully disclosed, took a math test, employment was offered on the same day

Interview Questions

• Was I available daily for the next 22 days without exception   1 Answer