Hobby Lobby Custom Framer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Custom Framer Interview Questions

2.0

Custom Framer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I applied in person at the store, then called a few days later to express my interest in a position. The female manager told me they were fully staffed. The next day a male manager called and asked if I was still interested in employment. He scheduled me for an interview.

I met with the manager in his office where he read questions from a packet. There were maybe 10-15 questions. He said if I needed to come back to a question I could, and I did that twice. Then he handed me a math test that I had to complete in front of him, with no time limit. There were sixteen questions dealing with decimals. Adding a bunch of them, multiplying, calculating costs after a discount percentage, calculating total cost with tax, etc. I knew about the test ahead of time so I brushed up on my basic math skills and felt fine. I only got three wrong and he said they were just little mistakes.

I was hired on the spot as a part time framer (I hadn't known what positions were available before the interview), and the manager took me around to meet the department supervisor. Overall it was a fairly easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Every part timer gets the same pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Franklin, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

This process was pretty nice. Just the store manager and me in his office. Nothing intimidating except that after the interview I had to take a "basic math test" with no calculator. Ha! That part was hard and he said most people can't even actually pass it because we are used to using a calculator. It required fractions and lots of story problems due to the opportunity in the frame shop.

Interview Questions

• The usual:
      Tell me about yourself.
      How would you handle conflict on your team?
      What would you do if some of your teammates complained to you about the boss?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was very informal and took place quickly. Took an quick aptitude test to validate experience. The interview was worth the store manager and the Custom Framing Manager. Great informal interview and management was great to recognize experience.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been a Custom Framer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2013.

Interview

Spoke about my background with managers, jobs and education. They asked what I knew about the company. It was relaxed with the manager and co manager in the office.

Interview Questions

• Experience, accountability--showing up on time and calling in sick if REALLY sick. why I wanted to work at Hobby Lobby. After taking a math test, I was asked if I would like to be in custom framing rather than the 'cashier' position. Of course, I said "yes".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Corpus Christi, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

You must go into the store and fill out a pamphlet, hand in to one of the ladies at the register. When called, go into store and ask to speak with manager instead of calling back. There is a simple math test involved.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Corpus Christi, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

They asked me the usual questions. They want to hear that you'll be there forever and that you are a good person whos not going to steal anything. They did ask me to do a simple math test to make sure you can calculate percentages .. you don't get a calculator.