Hobby Lobby Department Head Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Department Head Interview Questions

1.5

Department Head Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Got a call of an in-person interview with the store manager. It lasted about 20 minutes. Ended up waiting couple days for background check to go through before getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hobby Lobby?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Department Head Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Applied in store. Manager makes you jump through a lot of hoops to get the job. He will tell you to call him on different dates and then not be available to see how dedicated and determined you are about getting a job there. Unless of course you know someone, then it's much easier. It took me 3 months and 5 to 6 tries to get hired

Interview Questions

• There weren't a lot of questions. Management did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Wichita, KS).

Interview

walked in and filled out an application, they called for an interview before i made it home and set it up for the following day. pretty standard interview. offered the job during this time. The manager was a bit difficult to talk to which was more his personality, not anything to do with the company. Started monday the following week. Training was pretty rushed and not much direction given. Sink or swim. Had to learn from other employees or just figure things out on my own.

Interview Questions

• not too difficult. hardest question was when i was asked to give examples of times i demonstrated different qualities they were looking for....just caught me off guard and i had to remember or make up something. other than that pretty easy!   Answer Question

Negotiation

they called after the interview and i accepted. came to work the beginning of the next week.

Department Head Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process is relatively quick. Store manager tends to wait until the last possible minute then it's a hiring frenzy. Come early. Expect interruptions, smile and say YES to be absolutely flexible.

Interview Questions

• The only criteria is to be completely available and flexible.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (North Naples, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Their advertisement claimed they were looking for $14.+/hr Department Heads and I interviewed specifically for that position. I was told that should be no problemo with my background. I was offered a "job in frames" which I thought was fishy. Went on my time to store and was told that the Store Manager's son's BF was hired already for the position and that they had 4 framers and two associates trained as framers. The 24yo Frame Department Head last and only job was he was with a moving company as a day laborer. wow

Interview Questions

• Will you take a math test and can you work a cash register?   1 Answer

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I'm the moron.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Going into the interview I knew the Hobby Lobby story, the company values and mission statement. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any hard questions. There is a short, basic skills test, that's it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initially offered part-time, seasonal position for 3 week set. Store set positions are minimum wage, 12 hour days, 7 days a week. There is no guarantee of a full time position. I worked hard, I'm not an idiot. I was offered full-time at the end of the set.

Department Head Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in April 2010.

Interview

They just asked how much you knew about crafts. If you have ever worked in a crafts store before. Why do wan't to work here. Do you know how to use a cash register corectaly. Do you have a ride to work.Do you have a problem wearing kacki pants to work.