Hobby Lobby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was pretty standard. Most questions were behavioral based. There is a math test at the end of the interview which requires that cannot use a calculator.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Rogers, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

Went in, was asked questions about my previous jobs, and to describe what I did. They then told me they would call back in a week or two. Asked me if I was in it for the money or to actually work.. Honestly just need to work. Felt a little bit uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with standing for a long time?
      Are there any days that you will miss?   Answer Question

Cards and Party Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

1. Phone Interview (20 min)
    2. Off-Site (at home) Design Test (1-2 evenings)
    3. In Person Interview (4 hours which contains an hour interview and a 2 1/2 hour on site design test)
    4. Second In Person Interview (1.5 hours which contains an interview and tour)

Interview Questions

• Describe Hobby Lobby's brand.   Answer Question
    • Who is Hobby Lobby's audience.   1 Answer
    • Explain your process behind each of your at home design test pieces.   Answer Question
    • Was there a particular project with the on site design test that you struggled with?   Answer Question
    • How many projects do you typically have on your plate at one time?   Answer Question
    • Do you have strong typography knowledge? And can you manipulate fonts? Please show examples in your portfolio of where you have manipulated fonts.   Answer Question
    • For you, what is the hardest part of graphic design?   Answer Question
    • Where do you offer the most skill?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

You walk in and there is a math test which wasn't told to us before hand because it's a hiring event of 200+ people atleast. Which makes no sense because the registers and calculators if the register malfunctions you can use to calculate how much 7 1/2 sales tax is. You have to get minimum 8 right. You wait in line for the interview, 30 minutes atleast then you go up shake their hand introduce yourself and sit down then they grade the test. 20-30 seconds later I failed by one question and was told sorry and to leave.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

First interview is a phone interview followed by a skills test. Be prepared to spend time on the design challange. Questions were thorough and you could say that some of them were difficult.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about Hobby Lobby?   1 Answer

Co Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Phone interview, then online assessment that consisted of self ratings, logical thinking, problem solving, etc.

If you pass that, then next
    step are references via a 3rd party site.

Next step is then a 1 on 1 in person interview with recruiter.

Next step is meeting and walk with a store mgr. Evaluation forms to be submitted and then a job offer can happen.

Interview Questions

• Know your greatest accomplishments in all areas of work history. Be prepared to dissect these and explain who, what, when, where, why, etc. Including what could have been better, obstacles, feedback, what you learned, etc.   Answer Question
    • Relocation is a demand. Don't waste your time or theirs if you won't relocate going into as co-mgr. The job posting location doesn't mean that's where you will work.   Answer Question

Co- Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Traveled 2 hours for interview, in depth 2 hour interview, was told would be contacted personally, only to receive impersonal email almost 2 weeks later. Poor follow up for a company that prides itself on people.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style   1 Answer

2017 Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Norman, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly laid back interview. I was interviewed at my school's career services office by two of Hobby Lobby's employs that worked in their IT department, which was the department I was trying to intern with. They told me a little bit about the internship I was applying for, and asked about 8 general questions, and then opened it up to me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the biggest challenges you've faced?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite/least favorite college course you've taken so far?   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

Interview

Filled an application out. Got a phone interview. I rearranged my whole day and after 15 minutes of ME asking a.bunch of questions I was told I would get a call for the next step and an in person interview...3 days later on Sunday (the lords day) I get a form email telling me basically no thanks..and don't reply to this cause no one on the other end cares. We gor a better candidate. The job is still posted and recently renewed.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. They emailed me a few days later asking for my availability for a phone interview (usually the first interview is in person, but they knew I lived over an hour away so they substituted it for a phone interview, which was very thoughtful of them). The phone interview was a very short and then we scheduled the technical interview which consisted of about 4 people, followed by another interview right after with the big boss.

I got my rejection letter about a week or so after the interview.
    Overall my experience was very good. They were prompt and friendly. Way better than the other companies I've dealt with. The fact that they rejected me so quickly makes me want to work for them even more. They don't just leave you hanging for weeks after the interview. They do things right.

Interview Questions

• What benefits does functional programming have over object oriented programming? (I don't think this is a normal question for them, but they knew I recently used functional programming and was a fan of it)   1 Answer