Hobby Lobby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Co Manager Interview

Interview

Filled an application out. Got a phone interview. I rearranged my whole day and after 15 minutes of ME asking a.bunch of questions I was told I would get a call for the next step and an in person interview...3 days later on Sunday (the lords day) I get a form email telling me basically no thanks..and don't reply to this cause no one on the other end cares. We gor a better candidate. The job is still posted and recently renewed.

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2016.

Interview

Only chose to go through phone interview. Initially I applied and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The morning of the interview I receive an automatic email stating they regret to inform me they will not be offering me employment at this time. Confused I forwarded that to the recruiter. She said she had no idea how that got sent to me....
    After checking out all the glass door reviews I pulled out things I thought were exaggerated like working up to 80 hours, having to work an open to close shift at least once a week, no PTO until after a year, being forced to relocate or there is no hope for promotion. When it came my turn to ask questions I confessed that I had seen some things on Glassdoor and hoped she could clear them up. Every item I brought up she verified. 65-75 hour work week except for Black Friday through mid January then it's an 80 hour work week. You are expected to work 6 days a week if your DM thinks your store is in need of it. You get one week vacation after a year and only earn 4.25 hours of PTO for every 30 days you work (capping out at 80 hours). If you can not relocate you WILL NOT be able to move up. Store managers are expected to pack up their lives and move where ever they are needed. No surprise since they act like they own you.
    Starting rate for a co-manager is $55-$65k/year with a $2500- $4000 bonus.
    There are only 2 salaried managers in most stores and you rotate Friday off/Saturday 7a-10pm every other week with Friday 7a-10pm/Saturday off. That means at peak business days you are running the store alone.

Read the reviews of the people who worked here and you can actually believe them.... if you want to know what you're getting yourself in to it's all right there.

I sent an email withdrawing my name because I love my family too much to put a company ahead of them.

It may be for some but not for me...

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? What made you interested in working at Hobby Lobby? Tell me about your work history? How many hours are you scheduled to work and how many hours do you actually work? If you're scheduled to work 40 hours are you willing to stay if your store needs it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Pocatello, ID) in August 2016.

Interview

A new store was opening in my town and they had a hiring event where they interviewed over 900 people. The first day you walked in, took the application papers and a number. The number told you when to come back for the interview. You filled out the paperwork and brought it back the day of the interview. We met at a local hotel boardroom. There were about 5 managers interviewing people 5 at a time. It took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty basic, questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, how would you handle an upset customer, what makes you want to work for us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hixson, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Hixson, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

it was it was fairly straightforward they took me to the classroom and had me do a math test that had 16 problems ranging from addition multiplication subtraction calculating discounts and calculating sales tax. the rest was just a generic interview read from a piece of paper like what do you expect from Hobby Lobby, why do you want to work for us, what are your strengths, what is something you would like to improve upon, have you ever been convicted of a felony, are you currently employed.

Interview Questions

• what do you expect from Hobby Lobby   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Sanford, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Was in the classroom in the back, took a math test (only have to get 8 out of 16 right to pass) asked a few questions but due to me not having a job before the co manager had to put me in theoritical situations and that was somewhat hard to answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Logan, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Store manager was thorough and easy to talk to. He went through the normal interview questions. Very laid back and made me comfortable. Went over fast to day operations and what the responsibilities as a cashier would be.

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service experience   1 Answer

Senior Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Apply, phone recruiter calls you then your waiting to see if they want to have a face to face. I have 25 years retail experience, 15 in management over 2 jobs and this wasn't what they were seeking?!?

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

first a phone interview, where you walk them trough your experience and answer several questions about you and your previous employer. than I had an actual face to face interview where i was told all about the company, waklked the store and answered some more interview questions

Interview Questions

• 1. walk me trough your career with your last employer
      2. why did you leave that employer
      3. What are your greatest strengths
      Answer Question

Cashier/Stockman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Muncie, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview went very well. I sat down with the store manager and he asked me all of the typical interview questions like "what are your strengths/weaknesses?" "why do you want to work for Hobby Lobby?" "How would you deal with a rude customer?" etc. He also had me take a 16 question math test involving percentages, adding/subtracting and calculating the price of an item after a discount or sales tax. You only have to get 8 right in order to pass. Just make sure you brush up on these concepts and you'll be fine. Overall pretty standard and easy interview. The store manager said he'd give me a call on a certain day if I got the job and never heard back from him after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was for a new store opening. Over 500 people were in line the first day of four. After standing in line for 2 hours, you took a math test. If you passed, you got interview 2 days later. At that, you were told that all positions were already filled.