Hobby Lobby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.2

Co-Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I was on LinkedIn and noticed that Hobby Lobby made a post and basically asked if you were interested in a career to click the link and a recruiter will call you if something fits. I was then contacted on LinkedIn by the recruiters assistant to set up a phone conversation. This first conversation over the phone was pretty basic. Asked questions about my work history and why Hobby Lobby. Was more them telling me about opportunities with the company. She then forward a link for a Co-Manager position in my area and told me to apply and thay she would forward my info over to the recruiter from my area.
    About an hour after applying I received an email from my local recruiter with a request to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was really simple as well. Why Hobby Lobby? Why did you leave your last job? Tell me about your leadership style? What irritates you the most about fellow Co workers? What was your least favorite thing to do at your last job? They also talked a lot about the company and the hours involved... told me it was going to a hands on position and during the Christmas season you will work 6 days a week. Also told me starting salary in my area for Co-Manager was 55k to 62k base and a bonus in December. After the phone interview they sent me an online assesment. Mostly logical stuff with some behavior type questions. I was done in 33 minutes.. nothing out of the ordinary on there if you have any background in leadership. After that they send over a request for references. This is all done via email and an online questioner about you... you have to have 7 - 10 references fill this out. The next day after getting everyone to send in the references I got an email to set up a face to face interview at the store with my recruiter... this interview was mostly them talking about the company and asking a few questions here and there to see how you would handle some situations. Then I was asked to come back and walk with the store manager before an offer.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

You walk in and there is a math test which wasn't told to us before hand because it's a hiring event of 200+ people atleast. Which makes no sense because the registers and calculators if the register malfunctions you can use to calculate how much 7 1/2 sales tax is. You have to get minimum 8 right. You wait in line for the interview, 30 minutes atleast then you go up shake their hand introduce yourself and sit down then they grade the test. 20-30 seconds later I failed by one question and was told sorry and to leave.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

First interview is a phone interview followed by a skills test. Be prepared to spend time on the design challange. Questions were thorough and you could say that some of them were difficult.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about Hobby Lobby?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Depew, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Depew, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

2 interviews. First I handed in an application, spoke with the manager and got an interview on the spot. Basic customer service questions. Came back for a second interview with a new manager and consisting of similar questions and was required to take a small math test on percentages and basic math skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer or situation   1 Answer

Store Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2017.

Interview

The whole Interview process seemed to be very long and unneeded to just even get a face to face interview. They even wanted me to come up with 9 professional references that would be sent some type of link that they would need to fill out for me to even move forward. After that I was told to take an online test that would take roughly 2 hours. All of this after 4 phone interviews and this was just to move into getting the first face to face interview. The amount of hours I was told you would need to work was extremely high and I have worked retail my whole life.

Salesfloor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Tinley Park, IL).

Interview

math test and than oral interview with manager. Questions were simple and really didn't relate to the tasks. Waiting between the math test and the actual interview was about 30 minutes.

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Applied online, the recruiter set up a phone interview, I was then directed to do an online assessment. Once I passed that, the recruiter set up an appointment to come my area to interview me in person.

Co Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Phone interview, then online assessment that consisted of self ratings, logical thinking, problem solving, etc.

If you pass that, then next
    step are references via a 3rd party site.

Next step is then a 1 on 1 in person interview with recruiter.

Next step is meeting and walk with a store mgr. Evaluation forms to be submitted and then a job offer can happen.

Interview Questions

• Know your greatest accomplishments in all areas of work history. Be prepared to dissect these and explain who, what, when, where, why, etc. Including what could have been better, obstacles, feedback, what you learned, etc.   Answer Question
    • Relocation is a demand. Don't waste your time or theirs if you won't relocate going into as co-mgr. The job posting location doesn't mean that's where you will work.   Answer Question

Co- Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Traveled 2 hours for interview, in depth 2 hour interview, was told would be contacted personally, only to receive impersonal email almost 2 weeks later. Poor follow up for a company that prides itself on people.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Applied online. Then got called in for a interview with a general interview person. Week later, got called in to interview with the manager of the store i was applying to. A few days later I was called that I got the job.