Hobby Lobby Cashier/Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Lawrenceville, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I called to see what the best time would be for me to drop off my application and received the answer of "Whenever." When I submitted my application, I met with the manager to introduce myself and was called four days later to confirm an interview for the next morning. I made sure to arrive 5 minutes before my appointment but not any earlier as interviews tend to be scheduled one right after the other. The interview started with a 1:1 conversation that consisted of a question of availability, what the store was looking for, and what newcomers should expect. I found out that those selected for an interview are already hired, but then we're to be given training and some field work to see if we're worth keeping. The manager was great about explaining things (the store's moving to a new location so it's extremely busy), and I didn't feel awkward once. After the interview, I was given a simple math test (you're given scratch paper) and a typed review of what was to be expected of me as a cashier. Overall, the interview was comfortable; polite but not stiff. As for interview attire, I wore a button-up half-sleeved shirt, black skinny jeans, and kitten heels. Not many personal questions were asked, probably because my resume included a brief description of not only my skills but my hobbies/interests as well; so if you didn't include that defined of a resume to your application, you may be asked about what you like to do or to tell them a little bit about yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We didn't discuss pay, considering that this would've been my first job. I simply placed "Minimum wage+" on the application.